Ending Balance to budget

Can someone please tell me how to figure out my ending balance whether being a plus or negative? I now have to open the calculator and manually enter my projected income and subtract my projected expenses to come up with an ending balance. Does not budget simply show the ending balance without having to go through all of this? I appreciate your help in adance. Chris

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I suggest you view projected balances using the Projected Balances view on the BILL & INCOME tab.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If by ending balance you mean income less expenses in your budget, you can see that for budget and actual on the very bottom of the "annual view" set to details of the budget tab.  Creating a budget report will also work.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• CMH hawley
    CMH hawley Member ✭✭
    Is there not an easier way to view the balance on the actual monthly budget? To me, one should not have to leave the monthly budget and go into reports each time to see whereas your monies stand. I thank you for your help though.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is there not an easier way to view the balance on the actual monthly budget? To me, one should not have to leave the monthly budget and go into reports each time to see whereas your monies stand. I thank you for your help though.
    To include the projected spending in the budget, check Budget Actions > View options > Include reminders

With Graph view and Monthly and monthly selected, you should be able to view the balance on the actual monthly budget in the graph at the top of the budget.
  • CMH hawley
    CMH hawley Member ✭✭
    Yes, I already do that, and thank you. I am asking if the monthly budget is capable of showing total income - total expenses = balance. Right now each time I have to take my calculator and manually figure it out. I am used to a budget that clearly shows what is left for spending.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I already do that, and thank you. I am asking if the monthly budget is capable of showing total income - total expenses = balance. Right now each time I have to take my calculator and manually figure it out. I am used to a budget that clearly shows what is left for spending.
    The Graph view shows the total income and the total expense.  The Graph view is not capable of showing the difference between the total income and the total expense.

The Graph view does clearly show what is left for spending.
  • CMH hawley
    CMH hawley Member ✭✭
    So I guess the bottom line is that what I am asking cannot be done without having to leave the budget and go into some type of form or report. I wish Qucken would create this simple feature of displaying on the same page of the budget total income - total expenses = remaining balance without have to go into another page to creat a report. Thank you
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    So I guess the bottom line is that what I am asking cannot be done without having to leave the budget and go into some type of form or report. I wish Qucken would create this simple feature of displaying on the same page of the budget total income - total expenses = remaining balance without have to go into another page to creat a report. Thank you
    You do not need to leave the budget.  As @Bob_L suggested, you may switch to the Annual view of the budget using the pull-down menu at the upper left of the budget.
This discussion has been closed.