FOUND NEW ACCOUNT message. How to fix

When I update my credit card accounts, I consistently get a message NEW ACCOUNT FOUND with a box showing new account. I need to cancel it. It is showing me an existing account. How can I get rid of this message?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @markesther

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. Is this everytime you do an OSU? Do you know which Bank that this is happening with? If you do know we could try something here. 

Lets see if we're able to deactivate and reactivate the account the account to be able to get it to reset. The articles are included on how to do so as well if you're unsure.

Once you get a chance let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• markesther
    markesther Member ✭✭
    It happens when I do "update all accounts'. Don't know what OSU is. It is the American Express credit card. I already have it on my lists of accounts, and it does download new transactions, but this other notice comes up first everything time and, based on the last 4 digits it shows of the account number, it is the AmExp account. I know there has been a lot of problems with their downloads. Thank you.
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello markesther,

Sorry, my friend Quicken Francisco used an abbreviation without first explaining what he meant. "OSU" stands for One Step Update.

To your point, when you go to Tools > One Step Update, you always get the "New Account Found" for an American Express account, is that correct?

Have you in the past had a new card issued for an old account at AMEX? (If, for example, you lost your wallet and AMEX canceled the old card - but not your account - and then issued you a new card on the old account?) That might be why AMEX is showing us "New Account" information.

At the moment, we don't yet have enough information to provide an exact, specific answer to your question. Please post additional details here, or if need be, contact support directly for more help. 
    Thank you,
    Quicken Hugh
  • markesther
    markesther Member ✭✭
    I did have a new card issued about the same time this issue started but it had the same card number and it is already downloading to the existing account I had already set up long ago. The first time this message showed up, I did set it up as a new account but nothing ever downloads to it. And I know there have been download issues with American Express. The question is-- How do I stop it from showing me this new account each time I OSU? I have to cancel twice to make it go away. Thanks
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    (Removed-Incorrect Platform)

~~~***~~~
  • markesther
    markesther Member ✭✭
    Ok. I will try it.
This discussion has been closed.