PC Mastercard transactions in reverse

I recently imported my latest PC Mastercard QFX file and all the transactions are showing up as payments not as charges. In other words they show up green instead of black with a negative sign.

This has pretty much messed up all my reporting as even past transactions now have a duplicate positive (green) amount.

Best Answer

• JIvey
    JIvey Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To further my last comment. Once your sort by Entered column, you select all from the last entered date and delete those transactions.

To fix this issue manually you can go into the QFX file and do the following:

** Make the positives negative
    Replace
    <TRNAMT>
    With
    <TRNAMT>-

** Make the now double negative positive
    Then replace
    <TRNAMT>--
    With
    <TRNAMT>

Answers

• JIvey
    JIvey Member ✭✭
    Here's a sample of duplicated transactions, now that they're coming in as positive.
  • JIvey
    JIvey Member ✭✭
    Here's what all the new transactions look like. All green, instead of negative black like they used to come in.

I've also looked at the QFX file and the transactions are not duplicated there. The FITID is unique.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can be found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• JIvey
    JIvey Member ✭✭
    It appears as they are closed, both chat and calls. Guess I'll have to try Monday.
  • JIvey
    JIvey Member ✭✭
    I Just had a look at my past QFX files and it appears as though the amounts were negative, so it's likely a PC Mastercard issue.
  • David316
    David316 Member
    I noticed the same thing when importing my QFX download file today. Luckily I only had a couple dozen transactions but I had to manually go through each one and reverse the amounts around so that the total finally matched up.
  • JIvey
    JIvey Member ✭✭
    You can easily back out a failed import by sorting by the Entered column. You'll need to switch the column to display.
  • JIvey
    JIvey Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To further my last comment. Once your sort by Entered column, you select all from the last entered date and delete those transactions.

To fix this issue manually you can go into the QFX file and do the following:

** Make the positives negative
    Replace
    <TRNAMT>
    With
    <TRNAMT>-

** Make the now double negative positive
    Then replace
    <TRNAMT>--
    With
    <TRNAMT>
  • Ken274
    Ken274 Member ✭✭
    I did contact Qn about this issue. They told me to inform PC Mastercard. I have just done so.
  • mpfc75
    mpfc75 Member ✭✭
    I'm having this problem as well. I've resorted to manually reviewing the register to my statement. I hope PC Financial fixes this soon.

Jlvey, thanks for the tips... One question however. What is the "Entered" column? I can't find a column with that heading. I'm running Year: 2019 Version: R25.22 Build: 27.1.25.22 Edition: Canada
  • JIvey
    JIvey Member ✭✭
    The "Entered" column is hidden by default so you have to right click the column header and select it. See screenshot.

My Quicken is 2020 5.15.3, Build 515.33035.100
  • I downloaded this morning and it is now importing the transactions properly 😎.
  • JIvey
    JIvey Member ✭✭
    Me as well. The issue has been fixed, likely a few weeks ago.
  • ruby.dunai
    ruby.dunai Member ✭✭
    how did you get it fixed? I have the same problem. two transactions, one credit and one debit for each transaction downloading into quicken from PC MasterCard
  • @ruby.dunai > @ruby.dunai said:
    > how did you get it fixed? I have the same problem. two transactions, one credit and one debit for each transaction downloading into quicken from PC MasterCard
    >

I didn’t have to do anything Just the regular download of the quicken file then import. B)
This discussion has been closed.