Why is Quicken billing me 2 random transactions

Glenn Dawe
Glenn Dawe Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in All Things Canadian (Mac)
I was unaware of any charges until seeing the random transactions as pending in my credit card account. My Quicken update is not due until May 26 so it is my opinion that these are fraudulent charges and I will be contacting my credit card issuer to refuse them. Quicken contact is one of the worst places to try to get hold of anybody so really have no recourse to resolve this. I'm not paying long distance charges to be put on hold!

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Glenn Dawe

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you are having difficulty reaching support and have unexpected charges on your credit card.

If the charge you are seeing is for $1.00, This charge is a verification of the credit card on file with your Quicken.com account.  Quicken will perform a pre-authorization transaction to ensure the credit card on your account is up-to-date, so your subscription can be easily renewed.  This typically happens within 15 days of your subscription renewal date.  

This charge will be refunded automatically back to the card.

https://www.quicken.com/support/why-do-i-see-charge-quicken-100

If this charge is for a different amount, please provide the amount that you were charged so that I may investigate further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka 
    ~~~***~~~
  • Glenn Dawe
    Glenn Dawe Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your quick reply Quicken_Tyka.

That makes sense but there are 2 charges of $1.44 each that I assume could be CAD-US exchange, but why 2 transactions?
This discussion has been closed.