Home Welcome to the Community! Questions about using the Community?

4/20/20: An Update from Eric Dunn, Quicken CEO

Comments

• mccarmonmccarmon Member
    edited May 5
    [removed] Features I paid for and have been using since 2017 have been taken from me [removed]
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello,

Quicken 2017, just as other Quicken products sold during the previous 10 years, was sold with a 3-year connected services contract.

The reason for the 3-year term is that there are very real ongoing costs associated with maintaining connectivity, purchasing data for connected services, operating cloud-based companion apps, security monitoring and management, and periodically revising the product itself to meet evolving security and connectivity changes with financial institutions. 

If we provided these services at no charge in perpetuity, we could not afford to run our business.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • Roger MRoger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2
    I, for one, am happy with the direction that Quicken is taking. As Tyka said, the subscription cost has to cover Quicken's operating expenses. There are plenty of other SW that are also using the subscription model. I like it, because I can get program updates as they are released, instead of waiting for 3 years. As far as online services being discontinued after 3 years for the older non-subscription versions, that has always been the case. Now that Quicken 2017 is finally sunsetted, they can concentrate their efforts on maintaining just 2 platforms, Win and Mac, and the separate versions for each, Starter, Deluxe, Premier and H&B..

I am happy with the program functionality. I believe they have fixed a lot of the bugs that were in the earlier releases, and they have been proactive at issuing new releases quickly to fix any new bugs that have been reported. I am adamant about backing up my data file, and also maintaining my data file by regularly validating the file. As a result, I have very few problems. There was an issue with bill reminder dates being changed. Quicken has fixed that problem. Unfortunately, it is impossible for them to repair an already corrupted bill reminder, so it was up to the users to recreate their affected bill reminders. This has been well documented. They have also introduced a lot of new features into the SW, which I find useful.

Occasionally, I will get connectivity issues with the one account I have that uses Express Web Connect. All my other accounts use Direct Connect, and are rock solid. We all know that Express Web Connect is finicky. Usually, the problem resolves itself in a day or two, indicating an issue either at the FI or Quicken servers.Other times, I am always able to resolve it using other methods, but without deactivating and activating the account. These are well documented. The Quicken user needs to be aware of these troubleshooting methods. Perhaps a  comprehensive trouble shooting guide would help. I know it is unlikely that all FIs will standardize on their connection method. Some, for instance, won't use EWC or DC, and only support Web Connect. I think that Quicken is doing as good a job as they can managing the huge number of FIs that are supported.

All in all, I think that Quicken is doing a great job. I have been a Quicken user for a long time, since the Windows 95 days, and I will continue to use it for all my financial tracking.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • Movie NutMovie Nut Member ✭✭
    First, I will start off with a bit about me, I am an IT Professional and have worked in the industry for over 40 years. Mostly on Mainframes, but the art of IT Support is not any different, Users need a method to report Bugs and Crashes, acknowledgement and status of their issue and they need assurance of resolution (time dependent on Criticality).
    I too am a LONG time Quicken User (at least back to 1994). For at least 2 weeks I have not been able to get my Credit Union Accounts (5 to 6 individual Quicken accounts) to download any transactions (Error 502). I have de-activated, and reset the accounts without any positive results. I have been posting/reporting for over a year, about a bug In how the mouse (Windows Snap-to) feature does not work in Quicken (2017 and 2020). This feature works in ALL other Windows applications, but Quicken has some hidden object in upper left corner of screen and mouse will default there, even worse on a 2 display system as it jumps to upper left of 2nd monitor.
    I would appreciate a well documented/common method of reporting:
    1. Bugs (severity depends on number of reporting parties)
    2. Communications errors (higher severity)
    3. Crashes (High Severity)
    4. Functionality Issues (Math, reports, etc - Med Severity)
    4. Usability suggestions for future releases
    While this forum is a good reference, it is NOT a SIR (System Investigation Repository) for tracking/status/resolution purposes.

Larry
  • ducote58ducote58 Member
    I have been a Quicken user for 25 years. I started out using quicken as a checkbook to keep up with budgets, I also liked the ability to have all financial portfolio's in one place. Over the years I have grown to appreciate bill paying from multiple checking accounts managing all my finances.
    Today I am using the bill manager. I have funds leave my account 5 days before they are paid, and I have a limited number of bills I can pay each month. So now I have to use my online bill pay through my bank for remaining bills. So guess what, its very easy and will let me schedule payments in advance and funds remain available until they are paid. If I have to pay a few bills through my bank, I may as well pay all of them in one place.
    So now it looks like I will be using Quicken as a checkbook again, its really a shame that a product not broken had to be fixed, I will miss the flexibility the old bill pay provided over the new bill manger.
    I wish Eric Dunn would have spent more time telling us how our concerns would be addressed instead of breaking his arm with the selfie on back patting!
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm confused by your post. I don't use Bill Manager. I use my Bank's Online Bill Pay through Quicken and a Direct Connect Connection. And I schedule my payments in advance. While they are deducted in my Register, they are not deducted from my Bank, until paid. And unless I forget about a bill, all bills, except Auto Pay Bills, where I save $10.00 per month, like with Verizon are paid using my Bank's Online Bill Pay through Quicken. I can pick the date to pay the bills, using Quicken's Online Center's Payments.
  • qradqrad Member ✭✭
    > @thecreator said:
    > Hi @ducote58 ,
    > I'm confused by your post. I don't use Bill Manager. I use my Bank's Online Bill Pay through Quicken and a Direct Connect Connection. And I schedule my payments in advance. While they are deducted in my Register, they are not deducted from my Bank, until paid. And unless I forget about a bill, all bills, except Auto Pay Bills, where I save $10.00 per month, like with Verizon are paid using my Bank's Online Bill Pay through Quicken. I can pick the date to pay the bills, using Quicken's Online Center's Payments.

That works ok for banks that allow direct connect, but many do not (like a small bank named CitiBank). That leaves us with the crippled Bill Manager that Mr. Dunn thinks is is such a win.
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3

@qrad

Some would say to switch banks to one that supports Direct Connect.

Note however that some banks charge a fee of $10.00 per month or so for Direct Connect. This fee is sometimes waived for large customers. 
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3
    While I can't upload payment instructions to them, I CAN use scheduled payments, from the Fidelity Investments website.
    SO, things get "auto-paid" and I just download them into Q.
    There's no charge for this service and Direct Connect is, likewise, free.
    I also direct my "direct debit" bills, such as electric and water, to them ... again for free.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    jacobs said:
    Eric, shortly after you returned to Quicken, in November 2015 you published a video to Quicken customers about the progress and direction of Quicken. To longtime Mac customers like me, you said in that video that "we're targeting converging on the core functionality of the Windows product within a year or two."

While there were some understandable bumps in that road as Quicken diverged from Intuit and had to devote time to moving off some Intuit services, we're now four and a half years down the road from that original 1-2 year expectation, and still have significant gaps between Quicken Mac and Quicken Windows functionality.

The Mac product development team, which you told us the following year was going to double in size, has definitely pumped out many improvements since November 2015, and I applaud them. But it it's more than two years since you failed to reach the goal you laid out, and the pace of change seems to indicate it will take a very, very long time to get there. In your message, you basically tell us that we customers say the product today is better than it was. That's true! But that wasn't your goal. It would be helpful for you to lay out for your Mac customers why you haven't been able to reach your original goal, even over more than twice the time, and more importantly, what your current vision is for whether and when you will be able to reach some degree of relative parity with Quicken Windows.

(I know you never reply to your own posts on this forum, and me writing this is likely futile, but I wanted to at least try to ask.)

Since you will never get an answer to this from Eric I'm going to give you this 40+ developer's perspective on this subject.

Most developers are terrible at predicting how long a project will take (I certainly am), and one of the reasons is every job is pretty much "custom".  And whatever reason I have watched many a time where when asked, they are right on schedule, a 10%, 20%, ..., but for some strange reason that last 1% seems to take 90% of the time!

And believe it or not developers are almost way to over optimist on how long it will really take, and marketing and upper management tend to be even more "optimist" when it comes to how long things take.

Add  I can guarantee you that there isn't any "complete spec" on all the features in Quicken.  If asked wouldn't even bet that even a person that has used Quicken for all the time it has existed would be able to even list all the major features.  And then if I want to list the features that make up each those, you are taking about thousands for features.
    The way that Quicken Inc finds out a feature is missing is by one user coming in and saying "I used this feature in XXX, where is it in Quicken Mac?".

Also I will say something on fixing bugs.  The "constantly asked question" is of course "How long will this take to fix?"  Lots of times before the cause has ever been found.  And my "real" answer is "It will take what it takes".  I have had what seemed like an "easy problem" take days and weeks to find and fix.  Until you can reproduce the problem, you can't find the cause.  And until you find the cause, you can't fix it.  Anyone of these steps can take much longer than anyone would have thought.

So any predictions on how long this will take are purely speculation in my opinion.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
    On a personal note  I would like to say that I want to thank all of the people working on Quicken.  I have seen a lot of progress, but even just maintaining this program has to be a lot of work.  It is really a shame that the financial institutions in the US and Canada don't adhere to any standard so that there is this constant battle to get what should be an easy operation done (downloading transactions).

It is really nice to finally get to a very significant milestone, the expiring of the last version of Quicken people can come in and claim that they are being cheated when their online services support ends.  This should have been changed from the very first year.  The users should have been told in big letters that they are "buying" the program, and getting a limited term use of the services, instead of being hidden in the licensing agreement.

So now there will be no more "next year" where everyone on the forum has to put up with people coming in and complaining about their online services being cut off.
  • TJ102TJ102 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've come to a point where I have to ask myself if Quicken is an asset to me or a liability. I've been a Quicken user since 2004, and in all honesty it seems that every year it has become worse and more cumbersome to use than the year before. I mean there's always been issues that need to be fixed, but it has come to a point for me that using Quicken Deluxe subscription doesn't really save much time anymore, in so far as making my financial management easier and quicker to use. I've gotten to a point where I have no interest in the Mobil App, or Dropbox, Budgeting, Investment Management, or Bill Pay, as I just see them as brain damage, when quicken basics don't even work. I use Quicken on my home PC which is way enough for me. I don't use Dropbox as I find it cumbersome, I back up faithfully on an external drive, I follow my investments through the company managing them, as I can jump on the web at any time and see exactly what my investments are doing, I have all the companies that I owe money to monthly, take my bill payments directly out of my credit union, without ever a problem, all done quietly in the background without ever a hitch. I don't budget because the basic information Quicken keeps for me allows me to know where I'm at without graphs and charts. My financial institution Is a credit union, the same one I've used since 1967, and you know, in those 53 years, I don't think I've paid over $100 in fees over that entire time.
    So what do I need Quicken for? Well I use it quite honestly as an expensive, overpriced check register. I use it because I don't have to enter those transactions with a pen...that's it. My time is worth money to, and all I really expect from Quicken is to download my transactions from my credit union to my Quicken register. Sounds simple, however it's gotten to a point where it can't even do that well. I find myself constantly trying to find out why my transactions didn't download, or why do I have missing ones, or why are the transactions in the wrong account? I'm currently, again now getting CC-511 errors, have not been able to download for going on 3 days now. I'm at a breaking point as far as time saved by Quicken, vs manually entering my transactions. I waste way too much time trying to find out why Quicken downloads aren't working correctly, and trying to straighten out the mess it left me with when it failed! I'm paranoid that every time I hit the "Update Now" button, because I shutter expecting a CC-5xx of some kind, and it almost always happens after a Quicken update. Quicken has conveniently used the Covid Reimbursements overwhelming the system for the shortcomings, however why is it I've NEVER experienced the inability to log on and get to my information at my credit union at any time, so I'm of the opinion it's Quickens' network that is overwhelmed, not the financial institutions. So it's just the same old...  I pay the same subscription rate as all the other users that use all of Quickens' tools, but I don't utilize all of Quickens tools, because it's enough brain damage for me just wondering if I'll get my transactions downloaded correctly, or at all.  Since  I only use Quicken for it's "basic" ability to manage my finances, I have been put on the back burner with what I pay, and considering the few expectations I have, just expecting the basics to work, and Mr. Dunn I've decided after my wife's complaining that I spend more time trying to fix Quickens problems, than any time quicken actually saves me, over entering the transactions myself manually, and quite frankly she has a good point. Mr. Dunn, it doesn't work!  Even the suggestions I submit are excused because they don't fix big enough problems for a high enough quantity of people. Well in the world I live in if I'm a share holder, or a Subscription holder my vote should be just as important and the person with a problem in one of the areas I don't even use.  It's come to my attention that you use Quicken on a daily basis too, however you have your own Quicken server, and why not, you're the CEO, however I would challenge you to experience the world where the rubber meets the road in Quicken. If you feel so great about how everything is going, then give up your personal server for 3 months so you can experience how great it's going out there first hand, then write us all another letter after 3 months, and see if the pat on your back is the real deal. I'm tired of not being able to download my transactions, and trust me IT IS NOT BETTER,  Sit down and read the thousands of posts about problems then tell me things are good. It has gone down hill since about 2015, and if it doesn't get better, I will choose to vote with my Visa card to not renew in October. I no longer want to try to figure out why my transactions aren't downloading. I'm spending more of my time doing that than I would be just manually entered the transactions myself manually. Yes REALLY! If I had $5 for every time I ran into a quicken problem, I could pay for a lifetime of subscriptions. Hey...what an idea, give everyone who has a download problem $1, into an account that c an be used toward their next subscription. If any other company I use for programs, software, apps etc, was run with problems like quicken they would surly be out of business after 5 yrs.

@TJ102 Do you really want to download transactions with a minimum of troubles?

Well the only way that will happen is if you switch to a financial institution that supports Direct Connect.  Even that isn't entirely immune to problems, but at least it is a standardized protocol that can actually be supported.  It is also a connection directly from Quicken to the financial institution, (less "players" involved).  Unlike Express Web Connect/Quicken Connect which is Intuit's servers (Quicken Inc pays Intuit for this service) trying to log in as you to the financial institution's non standardized website.  It is a "workaround" at best for the lack of a standard by the financial institutions for downloading transactions.
  • tjbinettjbinet Member
    edited May 15
    I have to totally agree with an earlier comment. (Removed-Disruptive). I have been a regular Quicken user for many many years. I purchased my latest version a couple of years ago and reasonably expected to be able to use it until I stopped using it. I understood that by not upgrading each year I would forgo newer options and features. However, I never expected that my version would be undermined by the manufacturer to force movement to a paid annual subscription. First of all, why would I trust that Quicken would pull some future stunt like this again when they need to increase profits. Second, what does this say about their customer support? Third, I might look at a new yearly subscription version if it offers improved performance, features, and benefits over an older outdated version I'm using, but not because of the manufacturer sabotaging the version I am running so I have little or no choice but to sign up for their new paid subscription. My bank allows me to export a .QXF or .CSV file versions of my accounts, but Quicken won't allow these to be imported because Quicken is unable to verify the financial institution information. The financial institutions it has been downloading from for years. (Removed-Sarcastic/Disruptive)
    edited May 4
    @tjbinet See this (QIF imports aren't cutoff when the support stops, but note this only works for Quicken Windows):
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tjbinet  You wrote: "I purchased my latest version a couple of years ago and reasonably expected to be able to use it until I stopped using it." Quicken's policy for the past decade has been that connected services expire after three years. Connected services include downloading transactions directly into Quicken, uploading transactions which you have separately downloaded from a bank (in large part because there are back-end services which run on Quicken's servers, such as Payee name cleanup and auto-categorization), and downloading security prices. Users can continue to run the software indefinitely if they are willing to enter their data manually. This is not a new policy. With the change to subscriptions three years ago, they essentially made it more explicit when your services expire, and didn't tie the timing to the annual release of a new version, but it's really a continuation of having customers pay over time to continue using the services.

If you want to stay with Quicken, you can often find it for considerably less than Quicken's price on Amazon or from other retailers. Both Quicken and third party retailers change prices rather frequently. I just did a quick Google search and found a 1-year subscription for Quicken Deluxe for $29.99 at Office Max currently; that's about the lowest price I've seen anywhere. 

If you don't like paying for the upkeep of Quicken and its services, then as you said you can look for a competitive option. Some Quicken users find something else that meets their needs and move on; some conclude that Quicken fits their needs better than other alternatives on the market and reconcile themselves to paying the annual subscription price.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Mark HomerMark Homer Member ✭✭
    > @jlison2011 said:
    > After you are through patting yourself on the back you may want to have someone look at why Fifth Third bank has been unable to download transactions for nearly a month. I'm a 20 year customer and it's ridiculous that I haven't even received an acknowledgement from someone on this issue despite repeated reports. I hope this is a one time glitch and I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt but a month not being able to manage my finances in the way I've done so for 20 years is ridiculous. Please help.

@jlison2011 - For what it's worth - I am not saying you are not correct in your situation, but I have had zero issues with Fifth Third Bank transactions and I have over half a dozen Fifth Third bank checking/saving, credit card, loan, etc. in quicken. Thought you would want to know that it does work for some, I am not any type of super-user or anything, so maybe keep working at it. Last time I had issues with Fifth Third ( a few years ago) it ended up being on their side.
  • JackTurnerJackTurner Member
    I have been a Quicken Bill Pay user since 1998. I pay a monthly fee for this service that varies depending on how many transaction I make using the service. I am using a purchased version Quicker 2017 Deluxe for this purpose. I believe that if I switch to Quicken Bill Manager, I will be limited to 15 Quick Pay payments and 15 Check Pay payments each month and I assume I would need to have a Quicken Premier subscription. I am presently making more than 15 Quick payments per month and 12+ check payments per month. I don't think it is reasonable to require me to delay payments or make payments by writing my own checks. I hope you will make it possible to purchase additional direct and check payments as part of the new Quicken Bill Manager service.
  • riggz609riggz609 Member ✭✭
    Hi, I will admit that the account connectivity has greatly improved which was the reason that i left Tiller. However, the new Bill Manager/Quick Bill Pay is horrible. About half of my accounts can't gather the payment information and just constantly states awaiting new payment information. I login to the accounts and the payment information is always listed. When you call customer service (premium) they either have no idea what you are talking about or they say just pay by check; I mean really, pay by check hoe antiquated is that... If quicken can download all of the transactions from the same exact accounts flawlessly why can't the same accounts be properly updated in the new Bill Manager or Quick Pay whatever it is called? I believe Quicken uses a third party for the Quick Bill Pay which needs to either get their act together or or Quicken should find a new company to work with. This is so frustrating... I really like Quicken but if the Quick Bill Pay issues doesn't get resolved soon, I may have to look yet again....
  • woodwcwoodwc Member ✭✭
    edited May 6
    "You may experience errors updating some of your accounts. Due to the recent release of Covid-19 relief payments"

I've been a Quicken customer for 23 years and after getting this message, all of my investment downloads have gone haywire. Accounts no longer match up. The message blames bank server traffic -- which seems not to be the case here. 

See the sad story ">here;
    [removed - off-topic]

(Quicken Premier Tech Support admits defeat after three sessions and more than two hours on the phone.)
  • Movie NutMovie Nut Member ✭✭
    Spent about an hour on phone with Quicken Tech Support about 502 errors with Express Web Connect. He had me create a new Quicken File and then add my Credit Union accounts. Tried several times, without success, Technician was about to try something different but I guess he hit a hang up type button and call was lost. SO this was even a bigger frustration!
  • charliecharlie Member
    edited May 10
    > @mccarmon said:
    > [removed] Features I paid for and have been using since 2017 have been taken from me [removed]

(Removed-Inaccurate/Disruptive) 
  • MikeMiltMikeMilt Member ✭✭
    Ahhh, I finally found a place I can post a question. I'm sure this will be off-topic, so I'll be brief. How can I ask a question to start a new thread? I searched for my issue but didn't find any existing discussion.
    @MikeMilt Scroll to the top of this page. In the left sidebar, click on Recent Discussions. On the left side, click Ask a Question to start a new topic.
  • WESWES Member ✭✭✭

As an engineer and software developer for over 40 years, I will not regurgitate all the issues that Ben Kline mentioned above, all of which are true.  But I must agree most of all with his comments regarding Quicken Bill Pay (QBP) and the lack of simplicity and functionality found in the replacement Quicken Bill Manager (QBM). Having used Quicken for some 30 years and QBP for almost as long as it has been available, I found the ease with which I could schedule and pay bills and track my finances to be a great plus for the product. With QBP, I would receive a bill, schedule its payment and forget about it; and I always knew my account balances out into the future.

With Quick Bill Pay, access to personal information was kept to a minimum. You entered the payee’s name, address, account number and your banking institution that would make the payment. QBP made the price of a yearly subscription worth it.

With Quicken Bill Manager, you must now provide the above information plus your username and password to every payee’s website, and it doesn’t appear this information is kept in the password vault.  So to get billing data and pay bills, we must provide usernames and passwords, which gives access to personal information and the ability to change password and security questions among other things. This is a show-stopper for me and I refuse to use QBM for this reason alone; not to mention the connectivity and bill download problems experience by me and others who tried QBM.

The loss of Quicken Bill Pay could be a disaster for Quicken. Without a simple and reliable bill pay system like Quicken Bill Pay, the value of a yearly subscription becomes questionable.

The best advice I can give to Mr. Dunn is Quicken should invest in acquiring that portion of Metavante that handles Quicken Bill Pay and make it a part of the Quicken company – keep one of the best features of the Quicken product and save the headaches of Quicken Bill Manager.

WES said:
    The best advice I can give to Mr. Dunn is Quicken should invest in acquiring that portion of Metavante that handles Quicken Bill Pay and make it a part of the Quicken company – keep one of the best features of the Quicken product and save the headaches of Quicken Bill Manager.
    That's not going to happen, as Metavante is exiting the business and Quicken has invested the past year in building a new approach where they control the front end (and Quicken can provide customer support for it when needed), with a back-end provider they're satisfied can handle what's needed.

They absolutely need to provide the ability to schedule future payments. That's a key piece of the old functionality which is current missing. Multiple Quicken representatives have said this functionality is definitely coming, sometime this summer. That will solve the number one complaint about the new service.

The second problem is the hard limits of electronic and check payments.  They made what I think was a major mistake in looking at the average or typical number of transactions Quicken users were making, without coming up with a plan for the people who were on the right side of the bell curve. It seems clear that they need to provide a way for user to purchase more payments -- particularly check payments, which incur the actual costs of printing gan emailing a check. If they did so, then users like @WES who don't want to use Quick Pay and want to pay everything but check could do so if they'd be willing to pay for it. Quicken hasn't yet stated whether they plan to do this or not. It requires building an infrastructure to purchasing and paying for payments, so it's not a trivial thing to add on -- but it seems necessary to satisfy the needs of all Quicken users.
    WES said:
    The loss of Quicken Bill Pay could be a disaster for Quicken. Without a simple and reliable bill pay system like Quicken Bill Pay, the value of a yearly subscription becomes questionable.

I think not.  First off the absolute main reason people will keep renewing their subscription is downloading transactions.  In comparison the people using a built in payment system is a drop in the bucket, and the people that have the directly from their financial institution will not even be affected.

Your "disaster warning" reminds me a another thread where the user was extremely upset that the totals in the reports are now at the top instead of the bottom.  And then a day later calmed down an realized that she could adapt to it.

People will adapt to this too.  Yes, Quicken inc might lose a very small fraction of users over this. but that's about all.  After all we are talking "convenience", nothing more.  There isn't a user out there that can't use their financial institution's website to do the same thing (in conjunction with reminders).  The users can also do like I have for over 30 years and just switch to automatic payments (biller draws money from credit card).  Or of course maybe Quicken Bill Manager might work for their purposes.

And on the idea of acquiring Quicken Bill Pay. There isn't anyway that is possible. For a number of reasons.
    1. The costs don't justify the retaining the small amount of users that might leave.
    2. Quicken Inc clearly doesn't want to be in that kind of business.  Which good because they have no expertise in it.
    3. The time frame that would be need to build up the infrastructure to support it would be long past when Metavante wants to get out of this business.  Metavante has already extended that contract from the end of April to August, it is doubtful they are going to extend for the length of time it require to change over.

jacobs said:
     It seems clear that they need to provide a way for user to purchase more payments -- particularly check payments, which incur the actual costs of printing gan emailing a check. If they did so, then users like @WES who don't want to use Quick Pay and want to pay everything but check could do so if they'd be willing to pay for it. Quicken hasn't yet stated whether they plan to do this or not. It requires building an infrastructure to purchasing and paying for payments, so it's not a trivial thing to add on -- but it seems necessary to satisfy the needs of all Quicken users.

I think that is in the works based on this:

If they are going to setup a system for Starter and Deluxe users to pay fees, it seems reasonable that they could use the same system to have the Premier and above people that want more bills paid to pay extra for that.