Quicken R25.10 Crashes Every Time I Close or try to Super Validate (edited for readability)

Options
dsoethout
dsoethout Member ✭✭✭
Others? Thoughts?

Best Answers

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest you restore a backup of you data file: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data
  • dsoethout
    dsoethout Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken still crashes on close. Additional information I can provide ...
    1) If I recover from a back up, it works ... once. After I open it a second time it will crash upon close again.
    2) If I do not open the file, I can perform a Super Validate on the file. It does not find anything. Upon completing the Super Validate, the file is open and I can close the file without it crashing. Upon opening the file a second time it will crash on closing.
    3) This all started immediately upon updating to R25.10.

Best guess ... when R25.10 closes the file, it corrupts something such that every file close after that Quicken errors out.
  • Alex107
    Alex107 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, (dsoethout), I started experience exactly the same issue. Version R26.21 - latest. Tried to contact support and was advised clean and re-install. The issue stay. How did it get resolved?
  • dsoethout
    dsoethout Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It hasn't gotten resolved. Some of their more recent releases have tried to address the issue if you look at the version notes. However, the issue still persists. It doesn't seem to cause any data loss, so I just keep clicking on the button to submit the big report that gets created. If you are trying to run a super validate I have had some success opening Quicken (but not the file) and then running a Super Validation on the file from there before the file opens. Otherwise, only thin I have found is try and be patient and hope they finally get to it someday.
  • Alex107
    Alex107 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Beside upgrade Quicken to R26.21 - I also got activation on OneDrive (Windows backup), so not sure which one is causing this issue. Also, I'm using this Quicken file on laptop (parallel) and does not see an issue. Are you using OneDrive? So, I contacted Support and they have me to clean, then re-install Quicken - that did not change anything. Also, my file has data from 1996 (started with MS Money, then Quicken in 2010). How long do you use Quicken.
    And BTW, my name is Alex
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please change the configuration of OneDrive, Dropbox or whatever other cloud backup software you are using. Keep it away from the \Documents\Quicken folder or whichever folder contains your active Quicken data file.
    Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems
  • dsoethout
    dsoethout Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have data back to 1997. I do not use OneDrive, DropBox or other cloud backup services. I keep everything in a separate folder on the C drive. Problem started in February right after that version release. A couple months prior to that I built a new Windows 10 machine with a clean install of everything which ran smoothly until that release. I have done all of the uninstall/reinstall, mondo patch, etc. trouble shooting and it still persists. At this point I am highly confident it is a bug they need to ferret out and fix, and yes I wish it was higher priority for them, but at least they seem to be doing something now as all three of the last releases have commented on efforts to fix crashes.

https://www.quicken.com/support/subscription-release-quicken-windows-release-notes
  • dsoethout
    dsoethout Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup, just got that release today ... so far so good. Hope it stays that way...
  • Alex107
    Alex107 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, new update resolved the issue
This discussion has been closed.