Cap One MC is downloading into an Account Name it created instead of the file I created 2 years ago.

Options
I personalize an Account Name which includes Cap One MC and downloaded transactions until it stopped 3/30/2020. As of 1/12020 Cap One created its own Account Name and downloading into that which I didn't notice until I cleaned up Uncategorized entries and see 2 MC with Cap One. My card was compromised around 3/18/2020. How can I merge this into my Personal name account without duplication?

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Make a backup of your file before you start.

You can drag transactions from the old (not connected) account over to the newer account's name in the sidebar to move them. You can do this in a single step, but be careful to only include transactions and not any balance adjustments.

When you are done (and the balances are correct), you can delete the older account that you moved the transactions from by right (or control clicking) on its name in the sidebar.
  • BonnieG
    BonnieG Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you but is there any way I can keep the original account as it is goes back to 2016?
  • BonnieG
    BonnieG Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. I agree moving older to newer. Why mess with the Banks connection
This discussion has been closed.