Scheduling account downloads automatically?

In my very old version of Quicken (2007 for Mac) I could schedule when account downloads would take place and Quicken would do it automatically whether the program was running or not. How do I do that in Quicken 2020 for Mac?

Best Answers

Answers

• Bruce West
    Bruce West Member ✭✭
    So, is it necessary to hit the download button or does it automatically do a download when Quicken 2020 Mac is launched?
  • Bruce West
    Bruce West Member ✭✭
    Thanks Rick. I couldn’t find that spelled out anywhere else.
  • Bruce West
    Bruce West Member ✭✭
    BTW, what is the keyboard shortcut?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I've modified my keyboard shortcuts so I won't tell you mine in case I changed it. But pull down the Accounts menu and you'll see it listed next to Update All Online Accounts. Or open menu Help > Keyboard Shortcuts to see them all.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • hammj1
    hammj1 Member
    As a recent converter from Mac2007 to Mac 2020, I had the same question. Does anyone know why they eliminated this incredible useful tool (scheduling automatic instituting a daily downloading of transactions)? Also, every time I push the download button, it makes me re-enter all of my passwords for all of my previously downloadable accounts. In Mac2007 it only required the quicken vault password where all of the account passwords were stored to start the downloading process. I must be missing something. Each time I reenter an account password, the box for key chain storage is checked.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Your passwords should be being stored in the macOS Keychain. You need to click the checkbox to make this happen when you enter the password. After that, you should not have to be entering passwords each time you download.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.