When I downloaded from Schwab I got a mismatch of securities.

Options
I checked, and the stock symbol is the same, it's just the description that is different but I can't seem to get it fixed.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken matches data for a security received from a financial institution to a security in the data file using a field provided by the financial institution which should be the CUSIP number or an alternate identifier used in the account by the financial institution when the security is not publicly traded. 

The first time we import data for a security, we are prompted to match the imported security to an existing security that is not matched to an online security or to create a new security.  We may clear this linkage by unchecking Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window.

Placeholder transactions are generated when the security balances as of the date indicated in the imported data does not match the holdings for the account in Quicken.

Based on the attachment, it appears the financial institution does not have any of these securities in the account (shares reported are all zero) and each security identified appears to have a corresponding security that would balance the other out.

I suggest you use a statement obtained from the financial institution to reconcile your actual holdings.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Karen,
    This looks, to me, like something more than a simple "securities mismatch".
    Let's take the 1st security that you've got listed "Bramshill Income".
    On the 1st line of your graphic, it shows 0 shs reported (i.e., downloaded from your broker) and 27,205.502 in Quicken.
    BUT on the 6th line from the bottom it shows 0 shs reported and NEGATIVE 27,205.502 shares in Q.
    How can you hold negative shares?  Even a short position doesn't report as Negative shares.
    SO, how have you been recording these securities?  How are you recording buys and sells?  What brokerage are you downloading from? [EDIT] just saw that you've already said Schwab [/EDIT]
    And, lastly, what Q product are you running and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.  Also, if it's there, what's your "Valid Thru" date?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just had another thought on this.  When you do the Portfolio view,. INVESTING, Portfolio, what is shown there as your holdings?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.