How do I increase the font size on the screen for budgets. For those of us with poor eyesight

Options
For those of us with poor eyesight, the budgeting function is all but useless because of the fonts are too small and too light. Do I have to go to another budgeting software package or is there a way to fix this? If it cannot be fixed, I will have to look for another software for financial management.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Richard Laird   Even faster and easier than the option John suggested, you can enable a key command to enlarge the screen. Go to System Preferences > Accessibility, click on Zoom, and make sure the "Use keyboard shortcuts to zoom" checkbox is checked.

Now, you can enlarge your screen zoom by pressing Command-Option-Plus, and reduce the screen by pressing Command-Option-Minus. Plus for enlarge, minus for reduce -- it's pretty easy to remember after you use it a few times.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Hi, Richard:

You cannot increase the font size of the budget view at this time.

Your only option would be to use your Mac's System Display preferences to change your screen's resolution so that everything appears larger, including the fonts:

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Richard Laird   Even faster and easier than the option John suggested, you can enable a key command to enlarge the screen. Go to System Preferences > Accessibility, click on Zoom, and make sure the "Use keyboard shortcuts to zoom" checkbox is checked.

Now, you can enlarge your screen zoom by pressing Command-Option-Plus, and reduce the screen by pressing Command-Option-Minus. Plus for enlarge, minus for reduce -- it's pretty easy to remember after you use it a few times.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.