Version 5.16.0 for Mac

Has anyone had any issues after installing the update? All is running well now and I am reluctant to update, although the new features look good!

Comments

• Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I updated yesterday and haven't had any issues - but its only been 1 day :)

It does appear to change the database so I would make a backup of your data file before converting in case you have to downgrade the application later. I don't what database (or portion) it updated. The release notes don't say.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1994
  • Susie
    Susie Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Rick. How does it change the database?
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any idea. I just noticed the popups when the data file opened after updating the application.

I posted a question in the Release announcement here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7875772/quicken-for-mac-v5-16-released#latest
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    As the Quicken Mac feature set continues to expand, almost all of the major updates do make some changes to the database. Moving backward in such cases, should you need to, is generally not too difficult. It requires restoring the older version of the application (which the installer puts in your Trash) as well as a backup/older copy of your data file (Quicken makes a backup as part of the installation, so there's always one available after an update).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this info. I've moved it out of the trash to a different folder for safekeeping for now and found the backup in the Automatic Backup folder. The data file has Pre-Update in the name.
This discussion has been closed.