Will Quicken work with several accounts at same bank with different logins?

Options
I recently purchased Quicken Premier for MAC (ver.10.12.6 OSX) and I'm reading a lot about problems with different logins at same bank. Did I chose the wrong product? I work a lot with MAC in my work, and I don't want to go down the keychain rabbit hole like some are describing. Quicken won't work for me if it doesn't support multiple logins at same bank. Bank is enterprise bank and trust, 4 IRA accounts with 2 different logins, several checking with 2 different logins.
Please advise, and thanks for your time.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hello @GARYANDEMI,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Yes, both Quicken for Mac and Windows work with different logins at the same bank. I personally have this set up as well in my own Quicken programs on both operating systems.

Currently, issues with 2 logins at the same institution involve linking Online Bills, but not with linking accounts for transaction downloads.

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GARYANDEMI
    GARYANDEMI Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ok Thanks. I'm giving it a try. So far I have added my two checking and savings accounts. My next step was to try and Add my Traditional IRA accounts, same login as my other accounts. These are of course view only in my bank's online banking, but they do not show up after trying to add Investments/Traditional IRA. When the Add IRA interface opens, It only shows the 4 accounts that I have already added. I guess I'm going to check with the bank on Monday and see if they support Viewing IRA accounts in Quicken.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thank you for the additional information.

So, I checked our bank list for that on the Windows program, which I know you're on Mac, but Windows separates available banks by account type unlike Mac does. It's a good way to tell whether or not certain account types are supported by which bank.

It shows Enterprise Bank & Trust as an option when adding banking accounts (checking, savings, credit cards, etc). However, when choosing IRA, it does not show it as an option. The only one that comes up is Enterprise Engineering, Inc. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that that is a different financial institution. Which would mean that Enterprise Bank & Trust likely does not support investment account downloads to Quicken. Do you go to the same web address for both your banking and IRA accounts when accessing them on your web browser?

As you mentioned though, I do think it would be a good idea to speak to your bank and ask if they support investment account downloads with Quicken. If they claim that they do, you can ask what financial institution name you should be looking for in order to do that.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.