Issue with new version of Quicken for the Mac

I just installed the new version of Quicken for the Mac, Version 5.16.0 (Build 516.33881.100). It will not sync my Greenstate Credit Union accounts.

Best Answer

• IAHawk
    IAHawk Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken Online Support was able to resolve the problem. He had me deactivate downloads on all the C U accounts, reset the "cloud", and then update the accounts. It worked. I assume the "cloud" is the Quicken Cloud which I've seen reference to somewhere. Anyway, I'm back online. Thanks.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Greenstate is still showing as supported, so I don't suspect this is a version issue. (All the versions of Quicken use the same backend for transaction import.) 

While some issues are temporary, if you find your inability to sync persists, you will want to reach out to Quicken support for assistance. They have more tools to assist you than fellow users such as myself do:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
  • IAHawk
    IAHawk Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your response. This occurred the first time I tied to sync accounts after the update and it persists. It had been syncing ok until then. Yes, GreenState does show up as supported. It appears that it's just unable to connect. One of the things I tried was adding a new account at Greenstate. The response was

"Server Communications Error. There was a problem during communicatios with our server. Can't set up GreenState Credit Union"

I will try again to establish a chat with Quicken Support. The last two resulted in long waits well past the estimated wait time and no response. Or I'll try the telephone early tomorrow.. Thanks again for responding.
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Could it be coincidental? Some financial institutions are getting hammered with users connecting. I'd try updating/connecting later.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1994
  • IAHawk
    IAHawk Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your response, but it is persisting. My practice has been to update several times a week. I've had glitches in the past, but never a complete failure which persists.
  • IAHawk
    IAHawk Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken Online Support was able to resolve the problem. He had me deactivate downloads on all the C U accounts, reset the "cloud", and then update the accounts. It worked. I assume the "cloud" is the Quicken Cloud which I've seen reference to somewhere. Anyway, I'm back online. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.