Can Quicken Fix handling Expired Index Options and Adding Index Options

dfatq
dfatq Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Investing (Windows)
This has always been an issue in Quicken going back to 90's. First, when importing from etrade, my OEX or NDX options ask me each time for each one if it's new or one of the existing, I don't even bother looking any more, my mouse just goes back and forth clicking the radio button to add new and ok (or next or whatever it is). Now for the bigger issue, when those options expire, they are imported as cvrshrtx, i have to go through and change to soldx for the reports to work properly and for balances to work out. Now it's getting more complicated because I'm doing spread with 'sell to open' so there are some real cvrshrtx mixed in, so for now I've been assuming the items with blank on the right are the ones to "soldx", but it's all too much, computers and software are supposed to handle all this. Can someone dig in and finally fix it for quicken. Thanks!! If developer needs some samples, my next download I can export if they explain how to somehow do it.

Comments

• dfatq
    dfatq Member ✭✭
    note: by "expire" I mean "expired worthless", those are the ones with issues.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @dfatq,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with this, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    When Quicken was developed and for that matter it goes to how they decide what to work on now they have a certain "range of users/use cases" in mind.  Which can pretty much be summed up as "The average American household user".  And that doesn't include "high volume" or "fancy options" users.   It has always been that people in this category have tried to shoehorn in using Quicken for what it wasn't designed for.

Proper support for options is a very complicated thing to get right, and in this case for a very small minority of Quicken users.  I seriously doubt that Quicken Inc is going to spend any time on it when they have so much other things on their plate to do.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.