Cannot connect to Capital Group-American Funds to download

I enter in the same exact credentials that I do to connect through their website directly; when I enter those in Quicken, I get "Incorrect Customer ID or Password/PIN" error. Looking for suggestions on what I need to do. Thanks!
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Quicken Diana
    Quicken Diana Alumni mod
    Answer ✓

billrunz

Thank you for reaching out in the Community, though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I do not have an account with this financial institution, though when I attempt a login I receive this message:

Try logging in using your SSN number for the user ID/ username and the same password that you use on the financial institution website. Does this work? Please let me know so that I can provide further assistance if needed.

Thank you

-          Quicken Diana

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    When setting up in Quicken, American Funds requires you to enter your Social Security number as your Customer ID, not your Customer ID number for your online account:  https://www.capitalgroup.com/individual/service-and-support/other-resources/how-to-use-quicken.html.  This is the process I used when I set up online services in Quicken for American Funds and it worked well.  (FYI--The American Funds link mentioned in the article has been updated in Quicken to Capital Group-American Funds.) 

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Quicken Diana
    Quicken Diana Alumni mod
    Answer ✓

billrunz

Thank you for reaching out in the Community, though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I do not have an account with this financial institution, though when I attempt a login I receive this message:

Try logging in using your SSN number for the user ID/ username and the same password that you use on the financial institution website. Does this work? Please let me know so that I can provide further assistance if needed.

Thank you

-          Quicken Diana

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    When setting up in Quicken, American Funds requires you to enter your Social Security number as your Customer ID, not your Customer ID number for your online account:  https://www.capitalgroup.com/individual/service-and-support/other-resources/how-to-use-quicken.html.  This is the process I used when I set up online services in Quicken for American Funds and it worked well.  (FYI--The American Funds link mentioned in the article has been updated in Quicken to Capital Group-American Funds.) 

• billrunz
    billrunz Member ✭✭
    Thanks! Worked like a charm!
  • Bclawyer87
    Bclawyer87 Member
    I am just setting up, and I could not get Capital Funds to work either. Thanks. Now if they can figure out Chase issues...
  • Boatnmaniac
    @Bclawyer87 - Are you saying that you cannot get Capital Group-American Funds set up after using your SS number as your Customer ID?
    Regarding Chase:  There is a specific process that needs to be followed to get Chase set up in Quicken (https://www.quicken.com/support/adding-chase-accounts-quicken).  Have you tried following it?
    Also, you didn't say which type of Chase account(s) you are trying to get set up.  I have a Chase credit card and the specific set up process worked well for me on that account.  Using Quicken for Chase credit cards is free.  However, some Chase checking accounts have a $9.95/month fee and if you are trying to set up one of those checking accounts you will need to log in to your Chase online account and sign up for that service before Chase will allow Quicken to connect.

This discussion has been closed.