Auto download from Tangerine

Is it possible to have Quicken auto download from Tangerine? It doesn't appear so but I thought I would ask.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Jason253,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you are running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    I checked our bank list and it does show that you should be able to connect for auto-downloads with Tangerine. May I ask what account type it is that you are trying to connect? Also, do you already have the account set up in your Quicken or are you trying to add it as a new account?

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jason253
    Jason253 Member ✭✭
    It would be the most recent version of quicken in Canada which is R24.24.
    It's for an existing Tangerine chequing account.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the additional information.

In that case, I suggest following the steps below to try and connect it.
    1. Go to Tools
    2. Account List
    3. Click Edit next to the account in question
    4. Online Services
    5. If it shows a Deactivate button go ahead and click on that and wait until the deactivation as completed then click Setup Now...
    6. If it does not show Deactivate, then click on the Setup Now... button
    7. Search for Tangerine and you should be prompted to sign in using your Tangerine credentials.
    Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Jason253
    Jason253 Member ✭✭
    Hi,
    I have tried the instructions above multiple times. Tangerine does not offer the ability to sign in. The only option is to download transactions.
  • Jason253
    Jason253 Member ✭✭
    Here is what it looks like for a new Quicken file after I tried setting up that account again and downloaded the transactions manually.
  • Quicken Anja
    That message is there because of the manual download using a .qfx bank file. 

Try these steps instead--
    1. Click on the Deactivate button on the right and wait for the deactivation to finish, then click Ok to close the window
    2. Go to Tools
    3. Add Account...
    4. Select the account type
    5. Click Advanced Setup on the bottom-left (this is not a button, it's written in blue above the cancel button)
    6. Search for Tangerine and click Next
    7. You should receive a login page as shown in the first illustration below and sign in using your Tangerine credentials
    8. If this is successful, you will receive the screen shown in the second illustration below, and click on Add (I don't have an account with Tangerine which is why mine says Key)
    9. The dropdown menu should give you the option Link - to existing Quicken account
    10. Choose the account this needs to be linked with
    11. Click Next
    12. Click Finish

____

See if these steps make it work. Otherwise, I can do some further digging and see what we can do from there.

-Quicken Anja

• Jason253
    Jason253 Member ✭✭
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Jason253

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I was taking a look at the information you've provided. After taking a look the American version of the program does support downloading through Express web connect. The Canadian version which you use only supports web connect which is when you download via the banks website. Sorry about the confusion there previously.  That should clear up any confusion here but let us know if anything else pops up!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Jason253
    Jason253 Member ✭✭
    Is there any plan to bring that to the Canadian version? Would make sense since Tangerine is a Canadian bank.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jason253

Thank you for the additional question, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

When a financial institution opts to support Quicken, it is entirely their choice as to which connection methods they will choose to support, such as Web Connect, Express Web Connect or Direct Connect. 

Unfortunately, not every financial institution will decide to support every connection method available, for each version of the software.

If you would like to see Tangerine Bank support for downloads via Express Web Connect in the Quicken for Windows Canada version, we recommend filing a request directly with Tangerine Bank.

The more requests they receive, will help show them the value in adding support for additional connection methods for their customers and will hopefully help them to support automatic downloads to Quicken Canada in the future.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are any further questions/concerns the community may assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.