Quicken 5.15.3 hangs at launch

Quicken on Mac 10.14.6. Downloaded 5.15.3. Launched successfully, updated from a 2007 database. Upon returning to the app. The menu presents, but that's it. Beachball. Registers as "unresponsive" in Activity Monitor. Shift start, reinstalls. No go.

Best Answer

• gatz
    gatz Member
    Answer ✓
    I have a resolution, of sorts. I let Quicken spin for over an hour and a half and it eventually launched. Afterwards, relaunching was you'd expect. So obviously Quicken was doing some kind of housekeeping without the benefit of any feedback, no hit on the CPU and no noticeable disk use. When in doubt walk away.

Answers

• gatz
    gatz Member
    Updated to 5.16.0. Same results. After an uninstall and reinstall I get one launch. Then it hangs. 2007 still launches and works in a brisk fashion. It just can't connect to any institutions.
  • gatz
    gatz Member
    Answer ✓
    I have a resolution, of sorts. I let Quicken spin for over an hour and a half and it eventually launched. Afterwards, relaunching was you'd expect. So obviously Quicken was doing some kind of housekeeping without the benefit of any feedback, no hit on the CPU and no noticeable disk use. When in doubt walk away.
This discussion has been closed.