Where'd My Quicken Data Go?

Was running Q Mac 2017 then installed 2020 and used it with no problems for about a month. That Mac died suddenly (9 years old). I did get a Time Machine backup of everything fortunately. I have the working SSD hard drive from the dead Mac too, which right now is connected to my new Mac as an external USB drive and am trying to find the Q data and backup files. Using finder to navigate to Library/Application Support/ I see no Quicken folder on the old drive, nor does Search come up with a Quicken folder anywhere on this drive! I've installed Quicken 2020 on this new Mac and it did create a Quicken folder in Application Support but no data files since it hasn't been licensed yet.

Did Q Mac 2017 put the files elsewhere and 2020 just continued to use them? I'm at a loss as to where the files could have gone. Should I try recovering them from my Time Machine backup?

Thanks

PS. Despite the fact that I used 2020 successfully, including institution downloads, for a month on my old Mac, and my Visa card shows the charge for it from Quicken, my online Quicken account says I only own a 2017 license and Quicken customer support won't give me a 2020 license for my new computer, but that's another issue. Not sure Quicken is worth all this grief, but still trying...

Best Answers

• DougRoy
    DougRoy Member
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the clarification! I had to use Shift+Cmd+Period to show the hidden files on the external SSD drive in order to find the correct Library folder. A very helpful customer support person tried all possible emails for me and found the Mac 2020 purchase under my wife's email. Thanks!

Answers

• DougRoy
    DougRoy Member
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the clarification! I had to use Shift+Cmd+Period to show the hidden files on the external SSD drive in order to find the correct Library folder. A very helpful customer support person tried all possible emails for me and found the Mac 2020 purchase under my wife's email. Thanks!
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Glad you got it sorted out.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.