American Express transactions won't download

Getting the below error message (account IS connected via Direct Connect):

You may experience errors updating some of your accounts

Due to the recent release of Covid-19 relief payments, many banks are experiencing a high volume of online activity. In order to maintain their systems, some banks are limiting the amount of traffic to their servers, which may cause temporary issues when attempting to download from these banks into Quicken. We’re working with our service providers to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

Please try waiting a day to update your accounts. These errors may occur sporadically throughout the week.

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @patrickclemens28,

I also have been having issues (error messages) with my Amex downloading for the past several days (also via Direct Connect).  However I had been using One Step Update.  Today I tried to update only my Amex account and it worked fine.

Hope this also works for you.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• HFQuick
    HFQuick Member ✭✭
    Hi @Frankx,

I've been unable to update AMEX accounts for almost a year now. Have been downloading/importing QFX files monthly for ~10 accounts across four users.

Not your problem, I know, but just noticed you stated you were recently able to update AMEX via Direct Connect. Are you able to do so regularly?

I've been in limbo with only sporadic, disappointing updates from
    @Quicken_Natalie under the post titled: "ONGOING 3/1/20: American Express credit card account errors - CC-505/105, CC-504/104 or OL-332."

Have followed the procedures for proper setup of Direct Connect, FYI. Any guidance you may have is greatly appreciated.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @HFQuick.

I am sorry to hear that you are still having problems downloading from Amex.  Luckily, I have been able to download via Direct Connect consistently for the past few weeks without any problems.  I don't know why my downloads are working correctly while yours are not.  Have you tried resetting your resetting your connection?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Peter Martin
    Peter Martin Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issues with downloading transactions from my Am Ex account through Quicken for MONTHS. Have deactivated, reactivated. Have triple-checked my UN and PW via the Am Ex portal and Quicken. Nothing works. The error message is: "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE:ccscrape. 105) Anyone have a fix? For the time being, I'm doing a monthly blanket reconcile of one entry for debits, but am getting all of the individual line item data I get with all of my other accounts. No issues with my other accounts, just Am Ex.
  • Peter Martin
    Peter Martin Member ✭✭
    Since my post, I see this is an ongoing issue... never mind for now! https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7862291/ongoing-3-1-20-american-express-credit-card-account-errors-cc-505-105-cc-504-104-or-ol-332#latest
This discussion has been closed.