Has there been a change recently?

Options
My accounts opening display now shows 2 balance displays. How do I get rid of the ending balance display?

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There should be both an opening balance and an ending balance displayed.  The opening balance is just that...the opening balance of the account.  The ending balance is the sum of the opening balance plus credits to the account less debits to the account.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    The Ending Current Balance only appears when you have one or more future-dated transactions. Otherwise, you should only see Current Ending Balance (and Online Balance if the account is downloading via Quicken. [Edited]

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Actually that's backwards - the Ending Balance always appears; the Current Balance only appears when you have one or more future-dated transactions; and the Online Balance only appears when the account is downloading transactions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't that what I said? It's what I meant to say. Edited previous post.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    To summarize for @Webehere with a little more detail added:  There up to 4 balances you will see in a checking, savings or cash account.
    1. OPENING BALANCE (always shows in all accounts):  This is the 1st transaction in the account register showing what your starting balance is as of the date you created the account in Quicken.
    2. ENDING BALANCE (always shows in all accounts):  This is the sum of the Opening Balance and all debit and credit transactions (both past and future dates) that have been entered into the account register.
    3. CURRENT BALANCE (shows only in accounts that have future dated transactions in the register):  This is the sum of the Opening Balance and all debit and credit transactions in the account register through the current date (i.e., today's date).
    4. ONLINE BALANCE (shows only in accounts which have online services, like Direct Connect or Express Web Connect, set up for download):  This is the current balance that your bank is showing.  When all transactions in the register with today's and earlier dates have been cleared or reconciled, Online Balance should match Current Balance.
    #2 - #4 will show up below your Account Register like this:
    You cannot delete #2 - #4 from the register screen.  They are intentionally placed there by Quicken and for good reason.
    You can delete #1 but then your account will be out of balance so that is not something you want to do.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.