Transfers no longer showing in both accounts

Since the recent update:
A transaction will be downloaded into a bank account, and I'll update the entry to show it is a transfer to a loan payment or an investment account - but when I check the receiving account, the transaction isn't showing up.
Not only did it used to show up automatically, but now I can't seem to record the transfer at all.
If I input it into the receiving account, it shows up as a duplicate transaction in the main checking account.
Help, please!

Comments

• J2D2PDX
    J2D2PDX Member
    I should note, the transfers seem to work between bank and credit card accounts, but not investments or loan accounts.
  • Kleeg
    Kleeg Member
    I am having this problem with payment transfers between my checking and credit card. However, ALL the transfers are now gone, going back to when I first started, in August 2004. Every single one is gone. The running balance is incorrect, but the balance at the top and in the account listing is correct. This has happened a few times since I upgraded to Quicken for Mac 2020, but closing the program and restarting fixed it. Nothing I do now is fixing it.
  • robmarcar1
    robmarcar1 Member
    Has anyone gotten an answer to this problem?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kleeg said:
    I am having this problem with payment transfers between my checking and credit card. However, ALL the transfers are now gone, going back to when I first started, in August 2004. Every single one is gone. The running balance is incorrect, but the balance at the top and in the account listing is correct. This has happened a few times since I upgraded to Quicken for Mac 2020, but closing the program and restarting fixed it. Nothing I do now is fixing it.

If the Running Balance of an account is incorrect, e.g., showing an unusually large positive or negative amount, while the bottom line is correct ... could this be your problem?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In case you have issues with transfer transactions not being generated correctly from downloaded data:

For best results manually enter transfer transactions into your register BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain the transfer confirmations. For recurring transfers use scheduled reminders and enter them a day or two before the due date. Be sure to use distinct Payee Names for each transfer / credit card payment to avoid confusing Quicken - memorized payee entries.
    That takes the guesswork out of anything that Quicken is trying to do. Because a correctly entered transfer transaction already exists in your account registers, Quicken should just match the downloaded transfer transaction to the existing one in both accounts.

Also please ensure that all optional settings in Quicken pertaining to recall, memorization, automatic categorization and renaming of payee names are enabled. You find those settings in Edit / Preferences / Data Entry & Quickfill and Downloaded Transactions. Additional settings can be found for the detection and processing of transfer transactions in Edit / Preferences / Transfer detection.
  • Cheibeseich
    Cheibeseich Member
    edited June 2020
    manual transfer shows from account 1 to account 2. account 1 shows new balance, account 2 shows transaction, BUT NO AMOUNT and also no adjustment to the balance. these are manual entries, NOT downloads from bank.
    nice guy on the chat line today, but he gave up after an hour. [removed - violation of community guidelines]
    now my question, does anybody know if there is a fix out there for this issue? all trouble shooting with existing suggestions have all been tried already.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    manual transfer shows from account 1 to account 2. account 1 shows new balance, account 2 shows transaction, BUT NO AMOUNT and also no adjustment to the balance. these are manual entries, NOT downloads from bank.

It would have been nice if you had included an image snapshot of both account registers showing this transfer transaction. Perhaps we could have found out what's causing the problem.
    Typically, a transfer transaction in Quicken for Windows is entered just like this:
    with the transfer-to account name entered in the Category field surrounded by  [square brackets].
    This will make a linked transaction appear in the [ ... Savings] account showing the [ ... Checking] account in the Category and a matching amount:

Are you entering your transfer transactions differently? If so, this could explain your problem.
    Please give us some more details.
  • rsdfwd
    rsdfwd Member
    > @Cheibeseich said:
    > manual transfer shows from account 1 to account 2. account 1 shows new balance, account 2 shows transaction, BUT NO AMOUNT and also no adjustment to the balance. these are manual entries, NOT downloads from bank.

I am stumped also -- spent several hours on this including two on chat. I used Lias for category, and on't remember how I did it. It has been working for 10 years including up to last transfer on June 8, then no longer works..
This discussion has been closed.