Cash Flow Report

kevinweid
kevinweid Member ✭✭
Hi Everyone...I have probably a simple question that I can not figure out.

On my Cash Flow Report my "Credit Card Payment" is listed under "Inflows" and also "Outflows"?

There must be some setting that I need to change for my Credit Cards, but I can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Yes, that is what I was asking. And that is why there are both inflows and outflows. There are two transactions: one out of checking and one into the credit card. If you want to see only one side or the other, you may want to customize the report and exclude one or the other account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    Is it a transfer transaction that flow out of one account and in to another account. That would explain it.
  • kevinweid
    kevinweid Member ✭✭
    > @RickO said:
    > Is it a transfer transaction that flow out of one account and in to another account. That would explain it.

Unfortunately I can't answer that question. I only use Quicken for tracking our home income/expenses and when I saw the new Cash Flow report it reminded me of years ago when I used a Windows version. With that version I didn't have it dial into all our accounts and grab the information. So maybe I have something setup wrong or I am handling the transactions wrong when they are downloaded.

I am sorry I can't speak more logically or more in depth regarding accounting terminology, but I am just a basic home user.
  • RickO
    Let me try to ask another way. Does your credit card payment appear as both a debit transaction in your checking account and a credit transaction in the credit card account?
  • kevinweid
    kevinweid Member ✭✭
    Yes...I think I see what you are asking.
    1) Under the header of "Banking" on the left side I have our checking account which updates when I dialup. And when I make a payment on a credit card it comes in as a negative.
    2) Under the header of "Credit Card" on the left side I have our credit cards listed. When I dialup and bring in all the transactions they do post as a positive in those accounts. Which naturally decreases and adjusts my overall balance to reflect what their websites show we still owe.
    So long story short...."Yes" it is a negative pulled into Checking and a positive when it's pulled into the Credit Card accounts.....If that makes any sense.
  • RickO
    Answer ✓
    Yes, that is what I was asking. And that is why there are both inflows and outflows. There are two transactions: one out of checking and one into the credit card. If you want to see only one side or the other, you may want to customize the report and exclude one or the other account.
This discussion has been closed.