closed holdings still showing up in Investing Holdings listing

always have had the issue...when I go to the Investing tab>holdings by account, several accounts show securities or options that were sold....I open the specific security and clear out price historys and "hide" the security but it still shows up....It makes it impossible to look at this tab to see current holdings

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you select the gear icon at the upper left and uncheck Show closed lots.
  • Mike Llewelyn
    Mike Llewelyn Member ✭✭
    So, "show closed lots" was not checked. All the "closed" positions have zero for shares owned which is correct. I then went back to the specific security and had to delete price history to actually completely close out the position. Seems to be a total pain to do this....There doesn't seem to be a way to clear out price history en masse from my hundreds of securities (I use a lot of options)...
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Very strange...

There are few ways to clear out price history.  The big hammer is available when we select File > File Operations > Validate and Repair...  A security specific hammer may be achieved by clearing the ticker symbol: press Ctrl + Y, right-click on the security and select Edit.  If the security doesn't have a ticker symbol, provide one and then clear it.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    always have had the issue...when I go to the Investing tab>holdings by account, several accounts show securities or options that were sold....I open the specific security and clear out price historys and "hide" the security but it still shows up....It makes it impossible to look at this tab to see current holdings
    I offer the following for your consideration; not as a known solution or a known explanation of your problem.

There are times in Quicken when users have purposely or accidentally ended up in a short position on a security, and not properly covered that short position.  The sequence might be, for example -- SellShort 100 shares XYZ, then some time later a Buy 100 shares XYZ.  In Quicken, that actually ends up with two separate positions.  When the program then presents the Holdings, it shows it as 0 shares owned.  

If you are looking at a Portfolio View Grouped by Account, then you should be able to click the + next to the security to see the specific lots of that security held in that account.  That step may reveal if you have this type of a circumstance.  If so, the corrective action is to address the unintended - Sales that created an unintended short position or Buys that maybe should have been CoverShort transactions, for example.

HTH
This discussion has been closed.