Schwab Brokerage Account - wrong market value

Quicken for Mac (subscription) connects to Schwab fine, but it shows my Brokerage account market value as the amount of cash in the account, and ignores the value of the stocks and bonds held in the account. It being wrong makes my net worth displayed at the bottom of the app off by a LOT.

I think it's a bug! I'm sure of it. Really sure.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Denny Crane

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

It sounds as though you may have a placeholder transaction.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here and here.

I hope this information is helpful, and please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Denny Crane
    Denny Crane Member ✭✭
    I don't think this is the issue. It's showing the cash position as the entire value, not considering the stocks/bonds held in the account as well. This was never an issue when I had no cash in the account.
  • Denny Crane
    Denny Crane Member ✭✭
    My guess is that the information downloaded by Quicken includes both values but the software ignores the second one (value of stocks).
  • Robert Gross
    Robert Gross Member ✭✭
    I have a similar problem. There are no visible placeholder transactions. This started with the transfer from USAA where the values were correct.
  • Denny Crane
    Denny Crane Member ✭✭
    Seems like it is now using the value of my portfolio, but minus the cash position.

D’oh.
This discussion has been closed.