How do you search by Category or Subcategory in iOS?

Options
I can find transactions by text, but so far not by category. So, how do you do it?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @TXShooter,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

As of right now, there is not a specific feature to search by category/subcategory. However, there are a couple of workarounds that I can suggest.
    1. You can search by text by typing in the name of the category in the search field (which does search every transaction containing what was typed even if it is used as more than just a category).
    2. You can click on the Trending Transactions by Category This Month pie chart. Then, filter it by which time frame you would like to view, and tap the color of which category you would like to view. The downside, of course, is that there is no option to select subcategories and the selected time frame is limited to the options displayed at the top (transactions will display below the pie chart where mine currently says "you don't have any transactions").---
    If you would like to request a more specific Search by Category/Subcategory feature to be added to the Quicken Mobile App, you can create an idea post here on the Community which will allow other users to vote on the idea.

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thank you for the additional information.

In that case, there are a few things I can suggest you try.
    1. Sync your desktop application so it brings your mobile app data up-to-date.
    2. Install the latest iOS update (if available).
    3. Update the Quicken Mobile App through the App Store (if available).

If all of the above is current, then I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the Quicken Mobile App and see if that makes a difference.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.