Why won't "Find & Replace" let me do a change in investment transaction?

It tells me to click on the date and make the change at the transaction level. I knew I could that, but that is one transaction at a time. I have over 5000 transaction I like to change, but not one at a time. Any thoughts?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your investment account(s), what FIELD(S) do you want to change?
    Also, what Q product are you running and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    What is the change you would like to make to over 5000 transactions?
  • breslau43
    breslau43 Member ✭✭
    Change them from "Reconciled" to either "Cleared" or "Uncleared". I added some transactions from several years ago and now am in the process of reconciling this account. Naturally the balance is off, so I don't want any reconciled transactions after my additions. I don't want to add an adjustment transaction, chalk it up to perfectionism on my part or the virus. Right now I am having to change each transaction one at a time and that gets old in a hurry.
    I am running Quicken Premier on a Windows 10 computer. Version R26.23 Build 27.1.26.23
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Oh! I have run into this before and never found a way to do it.  It is easy to do it the other way around (just reconcile), but trying to go from reconciled to non reconciled in an investment account, impossible! (only one at a time)
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • breslau43
    breslau43 Member ✭✭
    I'm not sure I follow Quicken's logic in this, but I would sure like to know what it is.
    Thanks everyone.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW if I remember correctly the one time I ran into this the way I worked around this problem was to export the account in QIF format then editing that file to remove the reconciled status and them importing it back into another register.

The line with:
    CX

Is the flag for the cleared status of the transaction, and X is reconciled.
    C*
    Is cleared.

Note that in Quicken Subscription there isn't any processing of QIF files and such it will  not even attempt to (and fail) to get the transfers correct.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • breslau43
    breslau43 Member ✭✭
    I had thought of doing that, but decided against it for the same reason. I'll just work a month at a time until done. The other thing that is slowing me down is that when working in the Reconcile window, the only sort that works properly is the Date field. No idea what criteria is used to sort Securities, Amount, or Action fields.

Thanks for the thought though.
This discussion has been closed.