Citi Bank is still not downloading

My Costco card through Citi Bank has not downloaded any transactions since April 23. I no longer get the message to try later, I just don't get any downloads. When will this be fixed?
Tagged:

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Are you trying to connect with Quicken Connect? It's working fine for me with Direct Connect. See this:

Choosing Direct Connect
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Bosco
    Bosco Member ✭✭✭
    Mac 2020 Version 5.16.1 (Build 516.33903.100): I cannot download from Costco Citibank. I get Partial Download (-28) 40 new transactions downloaded ( there may be more transactions download) CP_SCRTPT_ERROR:ccscrape.101:General error. Layout not available.
    On 5/18/2020 I went through the process of shutting off the connection, deleting the password in Keychain and then establishing the Citibank connection. It downloaded a lot of duplicate transactions that I had to manually cleanup. The the next day it didn't work and hasn't worked since. I have citibank credential checking turned on for questions that need to answered. on 5/18 Quicken prompted me through the questions. that was the last time I was asked the questions and the last time it worked. What's wrong?
  • RickO
    Asking again: are you using Quicken Connect or Direct Connect?
  • Bosco
    Bosco Member ✭✭✭
    Direct connect is greyed out for Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi. Today I reset the connect and entered my ID and password . The I was prompted for my account questions. After answering the two questions it looked like it was going to work but I got the same error.
  • RickO
    Ahah! That's the problem. For the Costco Anywhere Visa, you should use FI Name "Citi Cards", NOT FI "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi". The former works with Direct Connect and is reliable and free. Give that a try.
  • Bosco
    Bosco Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken Direct didn't work. Got Oops! Error message.
    Then I tried Quicken Connect and was asked the two questions, answered those and then it asked two more secrete questions. Then it downloaded transactions! thank you! It worked for a couple of years as the Costco Anywhere Visa, then became intermittent. Hopefully this will consistently work.
  • Bosco
    Bosco Member ✭✭✭
    Citi Bank Visa download through Quicken Connect still not working consistently. Got the 101 error today.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    My Costco Visa card is also set up with financial institution listed as Citi Cards using Direct Connect.  It is downloading transactions consistently and retrieving the online bill as well.  The only issue is the PDF of the bill download is delayed for about a week from when the bill amount is updated.  

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

• Bosco
    Bosco Member ✭✭✭
    When I try Citi Cards FI and Direct Connect I get Quicken error "oops. We're having a problem. Quicken cannot communicate with Citi Cards." OFX error #13504.
  • Bosco
    Bosco Member ✭✭✭
    Here is the fix to using Citi Cards FI with Quicken Connect when Direct Connect doesn't work. Log into your Citi Visa account and click Profile>More Settings>Manage Desktop Apps>Add Access. Follow instructions to setup Quicken for Citi Cards>Quicken Connect within the next 10 minutes to add Quicken to you Citi Card account Active IDs list. Then it worked for me.
This discussion has been closed.