How to change Tax Categories in the Tax Planner

Win Premier 2020 26.23 The Tax Planner reads to change a tax category click the "change" button below. Is it just me or is there no change button? Anyone know how to find the change button or how to change the tax category? I want to change the category to include deposits to my HSA? The HSA is outside an employer sponsored plan and is not part of a wage withholding.

Best Answer

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    In order for the Change button to appear, you must first have at least one Category associated with that Tax Line Item. If you have an existing category you want to associate with the TLI, just edit the category's Tax Reporting attribute. Otherwise, create a new category and assign it the TLI.
    The Change button you seek can be dangerous. It can cause a built-in category like _DivInc to lose its TLI association permanently. You don't want to edit the "_" categories.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    That answers my question....thanks for the quick response
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    There doesn't appear to be a tax line for HSA Contributions...

For those categories I have tax line assigned, I don't see the word change only three dots. When I click the dots nothing happens.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Try expanding the right side of the window. Based on the look of the "Done" button, the window may have rendered too narrow.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    hmday said:
    There doesn't appear to be a tax line for HSA Contributions...

For those categories I have tax line assigned, I don't see the word change only three dots. When I click the dots nothing happens.
    I suspect you may need to uncheck Use Large Fonts: select View
This discussion has been closed.