Help with Cloud Sync

Using Quicken Deluxe subscription Build R26.23. When "Sync to Quicken Cloud" is selected in the One Step Update, the application hangs and is unrecoverable except to exit the program.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @CoupeDriver

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. How long have you been having this issue? Has it been since the most recent patch or further back? You're able to sync without it so it's entirely the cloud like you said. 

Could we try one thing. Go across the top to edit -> Preferences -> Mobile and web. Turn the sync off and then on. This will have it do the initial sync again but I'm wondering if it will still crash while not updating with the accounts. If it doesn't try doing an OSU again and see if we're crashing still. 

Another thing to check for is trying individual accounts to see if there's one in particular that's giving us trouble. In the same preferences menu you'll have the option to choose the accounts. 

Please let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• CoupeDriver
    CoupeDriver Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Francisco. I migrated to Quicken subscription from desktop a few months ago and the sync to cloud feature has never worked properly for me.
    Per your suggestion, I disabled all accounts and then began adding them in one-by-one and it appears that my main checking account is the one causing the issue.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @CoupeDriver,

Thank you for the update and I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response yet.

Since your issue is related to syncing with the Quicken Cloud, do you happen to use the Mobile and/or Web apps at all?

If you do, then I suggest you try is to reset your cloud data by following the steps below.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Make sure sync shows is ON and click on Reset your cloud data (see below)
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

If you don't use the Mobile and Web apps, then you can simply follow the same steps from above except you would just switch the sync button to OFF instead of resetting. The reason being is that the only purpose syncing to the cloud serves is to be able to access your data from the two companion apps.

Let us know how it goes and/or if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @CoupeDriver

Sorry for the late response here. I was wondering about why the 1 account wouldn't be syncing but I have 1 thing to potentially try here. Sometimes the account inside of quicken has issues syncing with the mobile app so if we were to create a new account and move the transactions to the new one it might work just fine.

To start off I would recommend saving a backup so that we have something to go back to just in case. You can do so by going to the top left and selecting file -> Backup and restore -> Back up quicken file.

Next we'll add a new account. you can go across the top and select tools -> add account. Select checking and on the next screen in the bottom click on advanced setup. It'll be with the text there in the bottom left. Select I want to enter transactions manually and click next. You can name the account test if you'd like here and hit next again.  We'll hit next again in the statement screen as we don't need to add any balance. This last screen we'll just make sure that the mobile sync is turned on and hit finish. 

Next we'll go to the account that's currently connected and click on the first transaction in the register. Next scroll down to the last transaction in the register and before clicking on it hold Shift on your keyboard. This should highlight all the transactions in between so we're able to move them all at once. Once highlighted right click and select move transactions to move them to the new account. 

Lastly once this is done is we need to reconnect the account. This can be done actually by following this article located here. 
    https://www.quicken.com/support/reactivating-deactivated-account

This should hopefully let us now see the account on the mobile app. It's quite a bit but doesn't take too long. Hopefully this can get us up and running on the mobile app. Once you get a chance give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.