Suddenly Q won't start

Options
I have been using it today with no problem.
Suddenly, it starts to open, i get a white screen, then it just says it encountered a problem and will report it to windows.

I have restarted Q and windows more than once. I tried the mondo patch and went back to my last working data file.

Nothing has fixed this problem.

Now what?

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From your description, this is bigger than can be handled in this user-supported forum.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Press the Ctrl key when you open Quicken.  

If the application window doesn't open, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install  and update.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken   

If the application window opens, I suggest you attempt to restore a good data file backup.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • Wayne Daren
    Wayne Daren Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually tried to use my last good backup. Same file i started this morning. That too failed. I tried validate and supervalidate and even checked all the repair boxes. Validate was working, working, then a message "resulting value too big--enter as more than one transaction. " ????

Now keep in mind this very file worked fine as is on my laptop.

As a possible clue, I had a problem making a bill payment using my Chase account. I got an error message about a problem with the payee name--which i had used before. I deleted this payee from my payee list, and then paid it directly from Chase. On the Chase site, i had to enter it as a new payee, which was also peculiar as this a payee i have had for years.
  • Wayne Daren
    Wayne Daren Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the problem is related to client.wyc file.
    I have no idea what that does, but i see that file changed just as i encountered the problem.
This discussion has been closed.