Quicken says "Account is locked . . ", but it is not.

Hi.

Quicken is having difficulty with one of my credit cards (Barclaycard):

1a) TO BE VERY CLEAR: The transactions for this credit card DO WORK CORRECTLY with Quicken. One Step Update accurately sees charges and payments for this account. No Error Messages on the pop-up screen after One Step Update, either.
1b) I can also manually log in to the card's website with no issues.

But . . .

2a) I keep get emails stating "Biller Needs Attention" for this card.
2b) On the Bills and Income tab, the card is under a red heading of "NEEDS ATTENTION".
2c) If I click on the card, I get "Account is locked. Login to your biller's web site to check the status of this account." Again, if I do log in to bank's web site, there are no problems evident.
2d) I've tried clicking "Try Again". This launches the "Edit your Barclaycard Account" pop up window. Several times I've entered all the requested security information on to that form, but after I receive and enter an authentication code, I get the pop up window that says "Unable to update billers; Quicken could not retrieve the list of billers; Please try again later."

So Quicken sees a problem that does not exist, and I can't figure out how to clear it. This has been going on for several weeks.

This same account has had issues in the past with Quicken. Until recently (a few months ago) One Step Update would throw an error for this card saying it couldn't update the account (CC-505? or CC-502?). That went on for a long time. I was able to clear that error by doing Update Now for the account by itself (separately from One Step Update). That fix doesn't help with the current issue. Soon after the first problem was fixed, this new one started.

Quicken - Premier
Year: 2020
Version: R26:23
Build: 27.1.26.23

I've been using Quicken since at least 2011.

I hope someone can help.

Thanx,

Roman

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well I don't have a solution for you, but some more information.

Downloading of your transactions uses a completely different system (Express Web Connect it sounds like) than the online bills uses.

The system that is complaining is the online bills.

The Express Web Connect system is provided by Intuit, and the online bills by a completely different third party service.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rampaxis

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the online biller profile and report the billers if necessary.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.