Unable to add stock

Unable to add stock. Currently have IVR which I sold and bought IVR-A. Quicken goes through the motions but IVR-A does not show in the stock list, the Portfolo or any place elese I can find. Any ideas of why it doesn't show?

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preferred stocks can be problematic for Quicken since there isn't a standardized way across all institutions to identify them.  You might want to read this thread to see if that might help you: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7872581/proper-method-to-enter-preferred-stock-symbols-like-t-pr-a-from-etrade-to-quicken-format-t.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest the following:
    Rename the original IVR security to something like "Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc  (common)". 
    Then proceed with creating the new security using IVR-A.  Quicken will name that new security "Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc"
    Rename the new security to something like "Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc Pref-A"  for your clarity.  

I believe your (Quicken's) problem is that it is finding the new security name you are adding matches an existing security name, the program decides they must be the same, and the new security is not created.  When creating a new security the security name must be unique within your Quicken file, and the ticker must be unique or blank.   

[Note:  Security names within Quicken do not need to match exactly with security names used in the real world, by brokerages, or similar sources.  Where applicable, ticker symbols do need to match exactly.] 
This discussion has been closed.