Password Vault problems

T.Day
T.Day Member ✭✭
I have created a password vault entered my banking password into it, three times but each time I close Quicken and open it the next day it tells me I've changed my Intuit password outside of Quicken so my Vault is disabled. So I have to log back in to Quicken and my Vault is deleted .

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Hi @T.Day,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I would like to gather some more information to better assist you:

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You can find that out by going to Help > About Quicken.

If Quicken is referencing an Intuit ID/Password, this means your account has not been migrated over to a Quicken IDAs part of the process of moving from the Intuit ID to the Quicken ID, we securely capture and migrate your existing Intuit ID to Quicken systems.

Please visit this FAQ and follow the instructions to complete the migration.

Feel free to respond to this thread with any additional questions or concerns. If you need further assistance, please reach out to Quicken Support.

Best,
    JV
  • T.Day
    T.Day Member ✭✭
    Hi I am using Quicken starter edition 2020.
    I am having some trouble understanding how to migrate my Intuit ID
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @T.Day

Thank you for the additional details, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

I took the liberty of reviewing your Quicken account using the email associated with your Community account.

I see that you have an active subscription tied to this email. Quicken ID migration was a step that was needed when Quicken first separated from Intuit and migrated the ID over to a Quicken ID.

Are you attempting to sign in using the email associated with the Community, or a separate email?

Please let us know

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • T.Day
    T.Day Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Yes its the same e-mail. (Removed-Privacy)
  • T.Day
    T.Day Member ✭✭
    I did use Turbo Tax this year .could that be causing a problem ?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @T.Day

Thank you for the response and for confirming the email.

To better assist answer your question, can you please include a screenshot of the message that you are receiving?

For steps on capturing a screenshot, please see int eh information available here.

It's unusual that you are seeing this message when using an active Quicken ID.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still have not told us which release is shown at Help->About Quicken.  It will look something like x.x.x.x.
    Quicken hasn't used an Intuit Id for several years, are you being very precise in saying "Intuit" or are you writing Intuit because that is the company that you are mentally associating with Quicken?
    If it is showing "Intuit", how about a screenshot of that pop-up so that we can see it?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• T.Day
    T.Day Member ✭✭
    Thanks for helping, here are the screens shots with the info. The one other thing it does after I create a vault and closing the program is ask me to sign in again with my Quicken password, when I start quicken again.
  • T.Day
    T.Day Member ✭✭
    Tyka, that worked great. Thank you for sticking with me. The notepad file didnt show any errors, so I dont know what say except thanks again.

[Tue Jun 16 19:16:07 2020]

File: "C:\Users\Te*******

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Tue Jun 16 19:16:17 2020]
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.
This discussion has been closed.