why do cash amounts not flow to my (2020) budget?

Options
In my old quicken program when I recorded expense and income amounts in my cash account they would flow to my budget (2020) categories. Now in my new version they do not flow nor show up in my budget.
Tagged:

Comments

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My expenses recorded in my cash account DO show  up in my budget and in my budget report.  Please double check your budget and report settings.  Another thing to do is validate your data file using File, File operations, validate and repair, validate.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• JerryHH
    JerryHH Member
    Options
    I don't know how to do these things.
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    @JerryHH In your budget screen, you can check your accounts and categories included in your budget by clicking on the Budget Actions pull-down and selecting the appropriate menu item.   See image. 

The Budget Action pull-down is located in the upper right part of your budget screen.

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The expense category needs to be included in the budget setting like shown here:

Then the budget report also needs to be customized to include the cash account via the Customize button on the budget report.

What I said above regarding file, etc means to click on File, etc.

• JerryHH
    JerryHH Member
    Options
    Thank you Bob. I'm not sure how I did it but the merger seems to be ok now. With this new version I'm having to start all over such as getting a budget report, etc. Seems like a lot I used over the last few years has disappeared. Thank you again.-JH
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Be sure to note  what @Scooterlam noted about re. selecting which accounts to include in the budget as that is relatively new and could also explain why things seem to be missing.

This discussion has been closed.