Memorized entries

I have had this problem for a long time. I have seen this in the discussions and seen the answers. NONE of the suggested solutions are working out for me.

I have lost the ability to do memorized entries. No matter what I tried, it will not come back. I have to type each entry every time no matter how often I have had it before. I think it is a programming error in the app.

I am currently at r. 26.23.

~Kent

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what you have tried previously so this is just a wild guess solution that perhaps you have already tried.
    Have you gone into the memorized payee list and lock the payee information? Locking it keeps the information from changing.

Also, when you have edited payee information have you clicked "done" in the bottom right-hand corner so the edit is saved?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please ensure that all optional settings in Quicken pertaining to recall, memorization, automatic categorization and renaming of payee names are enabled. You find those settings in Edit / Preferences / Data Entry & Quickfill and Downloaded Transactions. Additional settings can be found for the detection and processing of transfer transactions in Edit / Preferences / Transfer detection.
    Some Preferences settings may have been lost during installation of a Quicken patch.
  • KentB59
    KentB59 Member ✭✭
    Circling back to this... been offline for a while but now am back. @UKR yes I have those settings set up as described, no discrepancy here. Umm? ~K
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's start with some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• KentB59
    KentB59 Member ✭✭
    Quicken US version, release R26.23 = confirmed, build = 27.1.26.23

Mondo Patch applied successfully

Validate Quicken:
    * no errors reported in doing a file copy
    * no errors reported in validating data
    * no read errors

Supervalidate Quicken:
    * no errors reported

Will do a few new entries this week and will keep you posted.

~K
This discussion has been closed.