My Capital One CC won't access the monthly due or a statement

When I first updated my Quicken late last year to the newest software, my Capital One CC would not only sync to an account register (it still does this) it had a monthly reminder to pay the bill with the amount due.

Now, while I still have the register updating with transactions, I am no longer able to see a statement nor will it update with a payment due. It just keeps telling me the account is synced, but there is no current bill or balance due.

I've tried, several times, to get this to work, but it won't.

Is this something Quicken is aware of? Is there something I can do to get this to work again?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @nancy.l.marine

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

There is an ongoing issue with Capital One billers at this time, please navigate to the link below for more information and details on the alert.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7855126/updated-8-10-19-users-unable-to-add-capital-one-ebills-online-billers#latest

If you would like to be automatically notified once this issue has been resolved, please navigate to the link above and "bookmark" this Alert by clicking the Yellow Star Icon in the upper right corner.

In the meantime, I would recommend adding Capital One as a manual bill.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • nancy.l.marine
    nancy.l.marine Member ✭✭
    It's coming up on a year since you guys were made aware of this!
  • Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just spoke with Capital One and they don't know anything. It seems like Quicken doesn't know either. Hence, nobody knows anything. So who do we ask? Like Nancy said it's been a year since last time I downloaded a Capital One online statement.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have problems working with Online Billers please consider the following:

I don't use Online Bill Pay / Bill Manager at all. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, whatever the biller calls it. Just authorize the biller to debit the payment directly from the checking or credit card account on due date, sit back, relax and wait for it to happen.

When I get notified about a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

• Robert Armani
    Nice advice. However, if the feature is there and cannot be utilized then why not take it away? When Bill Pay wasn't there before, I had [and I still do] all my bills setup in my bank and pay them electronically when due. I even have most of my bills sent directly to my bank [similar to BM/BP]. And, I get to use the bank's electronic payment service every once in a while, because BM/BP cannot be relied on all the time. It would be nice if the process could be normalized with minimal errors. Then the program would be classified as perfect and referable.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Management at the bank decides if they want to work with Quicken and other third party apps to access their servers or if they'd rather pull up the drawbridge, fill the moat with crocodiles and keep the hackers out.
    Maybe a nice email to upper management at the bank may get you a better answer. Quicken and its bill pay service provider can only do what the bank allows them to do.
  • Robert Armani
    Sounds like a good idea. I will send them an email.
This discussion has been closed.