Download changes register currency type.

When I download from my bank, with one particular download I must always link it to the account and when it imports, it changes the register currency from Canadian Dollars to US Dollars. I have cracked open the download with textedit and it is specified within the download that it is Canadian Dollars. Any help in this would be appreciated. The bank does not accept the automatic downloads and I have to use the qfx download method.

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @plilien,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

It seems that the Community may need a bit more information to be able to further assist. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• plilien
    plilien Member
    Quicken Deluxe Canada 2020 Version 5.15.3 (Build 515.33035.100)
    Mac OS 10.15.4

Download is recognized if second time in one day, on first download of a day it has to be linked to register and then changes dollar from Canadian to US.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @plilien,

Thank you for providing this additional information, although I apologize for the delay in a follow-up response.

Would you mind also providing us with the full name of the financial institution as displayed in Quicken, as well as the Connection Type being used?

You can find this information by going to Accounts>Settings, with the account highlighted in the left-hand Account Bar:

I'd also recommend upgrading to the latest release of Quicken for Mac (5.16.1) if you have not already. This would be available under Quicken>Check for Updates.

Please let us know!

-Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.