USAA no transaction downloads for a week (edited)

bobluck
bobluck Member ✭✭✭
Have had no transactions download from USAA in a week. No errors everything else looks fine. I'm missing about 12 transactions.

Comments

• I am having a similar issue. Download indicates that there are transactions but Quicken Register shows nothing since 5/22. This is true for Credit Card and Bank Account. Version is 5.16.1. Mac os is current to most recent release from this week
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @bobluck

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I believe that USAA made a switch over to Charles Schwab in the recent week but I'm not sure if that also affected checking/savings/CC. I am fairly certain it was for all type of investment accounts though. Could you double check this real quick and let me know which type of accounts you're using.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• bobluck
    bobluck Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Checking and credit cards. Missing about 15 transactions between them. [removed] is working fine, so it’s you.
  • bfulton
    bfulton Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps...seems to be impacting several users.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the updated info. One thing we can try here if you haven't already would be to try deactivating the accounts and reactivating them. You would need to do it to all of the accounts to make sure the connection can be completely reset. After you attempted to reset update us on how it went and we'll see what our next step would be in getting the connection back up.

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco
  • bobluck
    bobluck Member ✭✭✭
    I had to go to each of my 6 accounts and change from quicken connect to direct connect and things started working again. I've always wanted to use direct connect, but it breaks quicken on the web. Again not a problem with my bank but a problem with Quicken Connect service subscription.
  • Unable to download charges for credit card with USAA. I have deactivated account and re added. I am unable to change connect method to direct connect.
  • John L4
    John L4 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Having the same issue with USAA credit cards. Quicken needs to work with USAA for the fix, not put it on paying customers to jerry-rig a workaround fix. Needs to be soon, we're approaching a week of no updates. Please don't tell USAA credit card holders to follow the Schwab investment procedure. It has nothing to do with Schwab.
  • KtotheJ
    KtotheJ Member
    I am using Quicken for Mac Version 5.16.1 (Build 516.33903.100) on a MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.6. I successfully downloaded transactions last on Saturday, May 30. I have been unable to download transactions since. The balance appears to update, but no transactions show up in Quicken for reconciliation or addition.
    I have a Discover account which synchronizes fine, downloads transactions and all.
    There are no errors.
    I have taken the following steps:
    * Restart Quicken
    * Restart the computer
    * Cold Boot the computer
    * Charge the computer
    * reset the connection - this allowed me to add an account, which sync'd no issue

I am at a loss for what to do next, any suggestions?
  • jo1631
    jo1631 Member ✭✭
    Following. I'm having the same issue and went through all the steps listed as well.
  • svandigriff
    svandigriff Member
    I'm having the same problem with my USAA credit card. No transactions are downloading but it is up dating the online balance.
  • wenwe
    wenwe Member
    I am having the same problem with downloading activity with USAA. Have been online with Quicken customer chat 2 days in a row for a couple hours total. Things broke May 27-28. No, I am not going to make a new data file and re-enter my accounts.
  • Having same issue since end of May. All of sudden transactions have stopped downloading from USAA. My Chase CC transactions are downloading. What has changed?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just so people know there are three things going on recently.

1. Investment accounts moving to Charles Schwab.  (there is an announcement about what needs to be done at Charles Schwab and in Quicken you need to deactivate from USAA and reactivate for Charles Schwab and most likely delete the "add shares" transactions": https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7876582/new-6-4-20-usaa-investment-account-transition-to-schwab#latest 
    2. Quicken Connect with USAA has always been "flaky", but it seems now it is totally broken the recommended thing to do is switch to Direct Connect, which is more reliable where Quicken is talking directly to USAA servers instead of through Intuit servers like Quicken Connect.  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7611364/faq-help-for-adding-and-updating-usaa-accounts 
    3. USAA credit card, can only be setup as Quicken Connect, and seems to be having the same problem.  I believe that like a lot of banks USAA has just put its name on the card and in reality another financial institution is servicing it.  At any rate the only thing the user can do is try resetting the connection.  Past that then Quicken Inc needs to get with Intuit to contact whoever maintains it and workout some fix.  It would be advisable for people to contact Quicken Support to push for this.  http://quicken.com/contact-support
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • AF Retired 19
    AF Retired 19 Member ✭✭
    I spoke with a USAA rep this morning about the issue. She told me that USAA is no longer using Quicken Webconnect as of 25 May (the same day the investment accounts moved to the new company). She instructed me to edit my accounts in Quicken to use Direct Connect. I changed the settings to Direct Connect and everything is working again, including my USAA credit card account. I am using the latest version of Quicken subscription on an macOS Catalina Version 10.15.5. I hope this alleviates some frustration.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @AF Retired 19 Thank you very much for the information on the USAA credit card.  I don't have one (I do have checking and savings accounts) and in this forum people have always stated that Direct Connect wasn't available for the credit card.  So that is why I stated that in the above post.
    Signature:
  • jo1631
    jo1631 Member ✭✭
    Changing from Quicken Connect to Direct Connect worked for my USAA checking and credit card accounts - all my late May / June transactions downloaded. thank you for the info!
  • John L4
    John L4 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    With reference to AF Retired 19's solution to switch to Direct Connect...tried that, option is grayed out for me. How did you do it please?

FOR QUICKEN MODS: USAA website confirms Direct Connect is now the only way to access account data. That option is grayed out to change connection type.

WHAT IS THE WORKAROUND TO USE DIRECT CONNECT, QUICKEN FOR MACS?

Thank you!
  • AF Retired 19
    AF Retired 19 Member ✭✭
    @Chris_QPW no problem. I just wanted folks know that the Credit Card may work for them. But I don't know if will work across all operating systems / Quicken Version, so I included my OS and version.
  • AF Retired 19
    AF Retired 19 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    @John L4. I selected the account on the left side of the screen with a right click of the mouse. A window should appear, select "Edit". Then another drop down appeared and you should see a "Change Connection Type" button. After hitting the button it goes into connection set up for that specific account. The only frustrating thing is you have to do the same thing for every individual USAA account you have. Hope that helps.
  • John L4
    John L4 Member ✭✭
    Thank you AF Retired 19. That is exactly what I did, also on an up-to-date Mac OS with most recent upgrade, and it's grayed out. I am only tracking USAA credit cards, not any other USAA account. Perhaps not having a direct connection on another USAA account might be inhibiting this one.

So back to QUICKEN MODS: How to resolve the Direct Connect being grayed-out in the connections tool?
  • AF Retired 19
    AF Retired 19 Member ✭✭
    @ John L4. No problem. I am sorry I wasn't able to help more. I understand the frustration, that is why I contacted USAA via chat. However, for your issue, USAA would probably direct you to QUICKEN like you stated you were already doing. Good luck!
  • Spoke with USAA tech support this morning and he indicated that Quicken made a change so that only Direct Connect works with USAA. Previously when I tried to set this up the set up would not work. The problem was that since I've been a member for over 40 years I needed to use three zeros preceding my 6 digit USAA member number as my login ID and my USAA PIN number as the password. That resolved the issue for me trying to sign up to Direct Connect.
  • wenwe
    wenwe Member
    Working on changing accounts to Direct connect for download, each account has to be done separately. As I did the last one, which was the credit card, I was given the choice to add the rest of my accounts. This made NEW accounts for every, thus doubling my accounts. I restored from the back up and and going to try again.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just got some new information in a different thread.  For the USAA Credit card to be set to Direct Connect you have change the financial institution from USAA Credit Card to USAA Federal Savings Bank.

Here is that thread and you can send thanks to Randall Godfrey.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20097095/#Comment_20097095
    Signature:
  • John L4
    John L4 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    For Chris_QPW: THANK YOU! That worked and my account updated accurately.

For Mad Hatter, I am a 49 year USAA member, adding the three zeros to my member number did not work. Using the actual 7-digit number did. But I appreciated that tip nonetheless.

For Quicken Mods: Kinda disappointed that Quicken and USAA were not more proactive in notifying customers and members this was happening and how to remedy. However, all's well that ends.

UPDATE ON THIS: When I simply modified to USAA Federal Savings Bank and switched to Direct Connect, it updated correctly keeping all historic transactions in place. Then I went to do an overall Quicken update, it returned connection errors. I tried some troubleshooting but could not correct it.

Ended up deleting the credit card account with over five years of transactions, installed fresh, and then only got the last 90 days of transactions. At Settings/Troubleshooting there is an option to download transactions from further back in history, which I attempted at multiple waypoints in the past, but each time it added an unknown fantom transaction that resulted in an incorrect current balance. So my corrective action came at a significant cost as far as history goes.

Fortunately most of those transactions are available from USAA's main website. But it alters my Quicken historic financial data. So this was not exactly the smoothest transition by USAA and Quicken, not to mention how many of us struggled to correct this over the past week or so with very little input from Quicken.
  • Paul Gomez
    Paul Gomez Member
    I was having same issue - no transactions coming in for Checking, Savings and CC accounts. NO notification from either Quicken or USAA that something had changed, disabling this capability! After reading the posts here, I tried changing the 3 accounts to Direct Connect. And what happened? I now have new, separate DUPLICATE accounts for Checking and Savings, with all the transactions that just downloaded (that appear to go back to April - most of which had already been imported and reconciled in the original accounts, through the date these downloads stopped working, about two weeks ago). Keep in mind that I have used Quicken since 2004 and have history in both accounts going back that far... I'm not about to just dump those and start using these two new accounts that were created. Any ideas?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Paul Gomez You should be able to fix up what you have by moving the "non duplicated" transactions from the old accounts to the new accounts and adjusting probably adjusting the opening balance in the new accounts to take into the account the new transactions.

In Quicken Mac moving transactions from one account to another is just selecting them in the old account and drag and drop them on the new account in the side bar.

Note I use Quicken Windows (but have heard enough about Quicken Mac to know that part), not really sure how the opening balance is changed in Quicken Mac.
    Signature:
  • Tried Chris_QPW's advice on June 5. It worked!
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hold on everyone.  USAA is switching to MFA.  I haven't seen anything yet on how this will affect Financial Management Software access to accounts.  Hopefully, since accounts are now accessed by Direct Connect, the impact will be minimal:

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

This discussion has been closed.