I couldn't download any transaction from Bank of America

ileana1g
ileana1g Member ✭✭
Hi, I tried to download transactions from checking account of my Bank of America.... I am do it all the time into my Quicken and All is write, I see they say it is downloading... I don't see it into my quicken... Where did it go? Where should I look for... It is downloading another account I have with them(saving) but not checking.... Almost never happened before....
Please , where is my mistake? This is the main spending that i always follow.... , I can't download anymore
Thanks, Ileana
PS where can I see if quicken has the right password for BOA... I changed not long ago....

Best Answer

• ileana1g
    ileana1g Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It is resolved! I cant believe how great service... He stay with me step by step reinstalling bank of America and my credit cards again... putting all in order...

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ileana1g,
    Thank you for posting about your concern. If you will please, provide us with additional details so we might be better able to help you. What edition/version/build of Quicken are you using? (Help > About Quicken)

If you will please, go into the Register for your Bank of America checking account. Towards the upper right-had side of your screen, click on the 'gear' symbol. From the drop-down list, select Update Now. Once the update is complete, do you get a status report, or an error message at all? If so, what does the error message say? Is there an error code at all?

To update your saved Password Vault passwords: Tools > Password Vault > Add or Edit Passwords. Then you could update your BofA passwords if need be.

You are also welcome to contact support directly for help with this if need be.

Thank you, please post additional details so that we might better help you.
    Quicken Hugh
  • ileana1g
    ileana1g Member ✭✭
    Hi, Thanks so much for your answer,... I managed to do what you are saying and the error is coming is :

DOWNLOAD (error2000)
    Invalid username/password combination has been enter. please sign in BOA to restore your connection from your computer.

I am using the right combination, I got out of Quicken, I put username and password to BOA and it works fine. I try to download STATEMENT FROM BANK, THE QUICKEN IS OPENING AND looks like the download is working, but it is not coming any transactions, although, it is said "downloading.... this number of transactions"....

SORRY, I CAN'T FIND THE TOOL... WHERE IS "TOOL MENU"?

Thanks One would think I should know all this, after so many years of using successfully Quicken.... Thanks, Ileana
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ileana1g

Thank you for taking the time to visit the community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a notice about "General Error 2000" in my notes:
    Quicken Mac users: Make sure that your account is connected using "Direct Connect" protocol.
    Is that what you have to change to make it work?
  • ileana1g
    ileana1g Member ✭✭
    Hi, I am not sure what and where is "direct protocol" I am using this download from BOA for many years.... and was good until MARCH this year. Maybe not long ago I changed my BOA password.... Please tell me how to reset password, for my vault....Looks like I don't know it anymore....I tried and I was not able to do it! Thanks, Ileana
  • ileana1g
    ileana1g Member ✭✭
    Hi, Is there a way to realize why I cant download from Bank of America into Quicken? I was very well able to do it intuil March... and now I cant anymore. I can see is downloading transactions from BOA, but There are not into my quicken after is finishing downloading,
    PLease help, Thanks, Ileana
  • ileana1g
    ileana1g Member ✭✭
    Hi, I was so unhappy I cant get transactions from my bank (bank of america) that this morning I wake up at 6 and looking around and in the same time BOA?QUICKEN.... that I realized the only way to link quicken to BOA is by "web connect for Q2018 and above" and I keep seing all files into my IMAC download file andwhen I press on them Quicken open a window telling me is preparing to transfere, .... but it is not going.....OR I DON'T SEE IT INTO MY QUICKEN CHECKING ACCOUNT...PLEASE , whats going on... I relay for years on this ck download and I am just on point to add transaction manually... it is not what I want to do.... whats going on...
    PLEASE HELP
    ILEANA
  • ileana1g
    ileana1g Member ✭✭
    THANKS
  • ileana1g
    ileana1g Member ✭✭
    I JUST ADD A PIC ON MY DOWNLOAD FILES.....
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can be found at this website.
    • To start Chat or see the support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• ileana1g
    ileana1g Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It is resolved! I cant believe how great service... He stay with me step by step reinstalling bank of America and my credit cards again... putting all in order...
This discussion has been closed.