Is transaction downloads from Bank of America and USAA working?

Fo at least a week now, nothing has been downloaded using Quicken Connect from BoA or USAA. Today I redid all the settings, and it linked all my accounts, but nothing came down from the financial institutions. Discover seems to be working fine.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• An
    An Member ✭✭
    Same for me on USAA. I reset settings, linked, etc. My download summary says there is no new transactions, but month end statement shows transactions not downloaded. I'm now wondering about all of the other accounts that I have that Quicken shows no new transactions. I have the Quicken Premier 2020 version on Windows 10. :# I'm now having to manually add those transactions & will have to check all Bank/credit card accounts to see if they are correct.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
  • Randall Godfrey
    Randall Godfrey Member ✭✭
    Thank you Chris_QPW for that answer. This worked for me but only after I changed the financial institution from USAA Credit Card to USAA Bank. When I had selected USAA Credit Card, Quicken for Mac didn't give me the Direct Connect option. Problem solved!
  • toms123
    toms123 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Connect issue is a quicken issue and they should fix it. Worked fine before May.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Randall Godfrey Thank you for that extra piece of information that explains why some people were saying that you couldn't do use Direct Connect for the USAA credit card!

@Quicken_Tyka Can you please get the above FAQ changed with this new information?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. the full name is USAA Federal Savings Bank.
    Signature:
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @Chris_QPW

I have gone ahead and added clarification as to which USAA option should be being used to see the Direct Connect option.

To reiterate, 
    please be sure to use the USAA Federal Savings Bank other USAA options such as USAA credit card do not provide a Direct Connect Option.

Thank you for the tag!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • cohendave33
    cohendave33 Member
    What a pain - I'm on a Mac and was trying to download credit card transactions from USAA.

Like others, my credit card downloads stopped working around 28-May-2020. I was not able to switch to Direct Connect (the option was grayed out), so I added a new Credit Card account, selected USAA Federal Savings Bank (NOT USAA Credit Card) and was then able to select the Direct Connect option.

In Quicken, in the new Credit Card account, I deleted all the double transactions that got downloaded for all dates before 28-May-2020, created a transfer transaction from my original credit card into the "new" credit card account so that my "original credit card" balance was left at 0 and my starting balance in the "new" account was correct. From this point forward I will use the "new" credit card account that was setup with the Direct Connect option.
  • triathlete
    triathlete Member ✭✭
    I'm having a difficult issue that has me going in circles. I've removed all the existing download references, purged keychain, and restarted as in the help document referenced earlier. I'm using the latest versions of Mac and Quicken. However, only three things happen:
    1: Go through the create new account and everything appears to link after selecting direct connect as an option; however the linking goes though as quicken connect, not the direct connect option I select. (no change from previous problem)
    2: Same as above, but create new accounts; goes all the way through as quicken connect, not the direct connect option I selected, but new correct balances show up, no transactions though as separate new accounts.
    3: Go to manually change the download option for the account in quicken and get rejected by USAA server as it is not communicating (no error message).
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @triathlete One "wild guess", when you setup are you using your USAA customer number and pin?

If you using your USAA website username and password and pin you will get Quicken Connect, not Direct Connect.
    Signature:
  • triathlete
    triathlete Member ✭✭
    when using the direct connect option, I do use my customer number and PIN, however the results are the same in which my selection for direct connect is overridden somehow.

UPDATE: after disabling VPN services, I was able to connect and activate all banking accounts, but not loan services now.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @triathlete Downloading a loan account is different.  There isn't any Direct Connect support for that.
    Signature:
  • I am having terrible problems also with Bank of America. I don't like the new software. It corrupted my file. I spent hours in support and the tech told me only if I spent many hours could I correct the issues. I want a refund. This new software is a nightmare and the techs can't fix the messes the software creates.
This discussion has been closed.