Anybody having issue adding Discover Savings to Quicken Cloud

I was on the phone with Support for two hours on Saturday and they were not able to resolve this issue so I want to ask it here.

The issue is I can download transactions from my Discover Savings account no problem to Quicken desktop but after multiple attempts, I cannot add the account to Quicken cloud & mobile.

Both Support and I have attempted by going to Mobile & Web tab -> Add or Remove Accounts to Sync...My password for my Discover Savings is correct because I could download the transactions to Quicken desktop no problem. But every time I try to add the account for cloud sync, I get the error saying the service is unavailable or busy.

I called Discover and they gave me the number for Quicken support so that was no help.

Anybody having the same problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @mrkp89

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I have one idea to try just to see if in general we're able to get it to show up on mobile and web. Although it's more to see if we're able to get it up in general before we try it on your main file since you've gone through troubleshooting already. I want to see if we're able to get it to show up with that specific account first.

We're going to need to create a test file. You can do so by clicking in the top left and selecting file -> New quicken file. You can name the file test and continue with the setup. You'll get to a screen that will ask you to keep mobile sync on and you can continue from there. Next thing would be to add the account. Go ahead and connect it. Once you've connected there will be a screen with the button finish and it should have the accounts enabled for mobile and sync use. From here see if the account is able to be looked at on mobile. You could be able to bring the side bar on mobile and select the file you want looked at.

Could you try this out and see if we're able to get it up and running on the test file. If we're able to do so we'll see what we can do to bring it over to the main file.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• anita1663
    anita1663 Member
    I have been having the same problem but with several accounts, not just Discover. I have deactivated accounts and everything and still won't add.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @anita1663

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. What banks are giving you the issue? Has this been happening for a long time? There's a couple troubleshooting steps we could try to see if we're able to get them connected.

One thing that you can try is to reset the cloud. You can do so by going into the top right  selecting  edit -> Preferences -> Mobile and web. You'll see below there will be a button that says reset your cloud data. It will then refresh and try connecting all the accounts again.

Please let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• anita1663
    anita1663 Member
    They were working until couple weeks ago when I kept getting message in app that the accounts weren't able to connect and download info--needed "fix". On all of the accounts that had a "fix", I kept getting error message that login info was incorrect. But I had no problem logging in on desktop or on account website (Discover for instance). I reset the cloud first. That didn't help. Then, per Quicken help, went to mobile/web settings and unchecked the account, hit update accounts button, closed quicken, and then got back in to activate those accounts. When I clicked on the accounts and then activate accounts, it would wipe out the accounts I added back. When that didn't work (again per what I found on Quicken help), I deactivated the accounts and reactivated but the accounts still won't add. I can click on and add the accounts in the mobile/web settings but once I hit the "update accounts" it wipes out the check near the account and doesn't add it. I have this problem with Discover, Macy's, and UMB Bank.
  • anita1663
    anita1663 Member
    edited June 2020
    [removed]
This discussion has been closed.