Upgrade to OnLine Bills asks me to remove an account - but won't delete it

Message in BILLS & INCOME section says I need to remove the Sprint account listed for the upgrade to happen. BUT....I select "REMOVE" from the Sprint listing, and it tells me "Successful" BUT...the Spring listing is still there and the "ATTENTION" message still occurs. Is it removed or not.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you delete the Cloud account associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to use another Quicken file with Sync enabled to delete the Cloud account associated with original Quicken file.  You may create a temporary Quicken file for this purpose: select File > New Quicken File...

To delete a Cloud account associated with a Quicken file:
    1. Open another Quicken file.
    2. Select Edit > Preferences...
    3. Select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Select Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID(#)
    5. Select the Cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.
    6. Select Delete
    7. Enter yes
    8. Select Delete
    9. Select Close
    10. Open the original Quicken file.
  • mikeoneil
    mikeoneil Member ✭✭
    Thanks, but regret I don't have a Cloud Account. Any other ideas?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Sherlock in the early days of Online Bill presentment what you are suggesting would work, but these later they changed it so that deleting the cloud account will not actually affect the Bill Presentment/pay system.

There has also been a change lately for the deleting of the cloud account.  You will not see that option unless the data file you are in has sync to Quicken cloud on.  So to even attempt this when you create the new data file you have to make sure that you set it up for syncing to the cloud (or turn it on in the Preferences).

And then you can delete the Quicken cloud account connected to the original Quicken data file (even if it doesn't have sync to cloud on).

From what I know about the original problem where it show "ATTENTION NEEDED" and the remove doesn't work (sometimes it does work) the only solution that I have heard that works is to install Quicken 2017 (or maybe 2016) and do it in that version.  For some reason it works in that version, but not in Quicken Subscription.  This is how I fixed such a problem in my data file.  Of course my long term fix for this kind of problem was to abandon using the Online Bills, which have too many problems for my taste.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    mikeoneil said:
    Thanks, but regret I don't have a Cloud Account. Any other ideas?
    We all have a Cloud account.

@Chris_QPW  I can't speak to whether there has been a change or not.  What I know  regarding this issue is based on the positive responses indicating that deleting the cloud account (aka dataset) associated with the Quicken file still resolves this issue.  My response also clearly stated: "You need to use another Quicken file with Sync enabled to delete the Cloud account associated with original Quicken file."
  • mikeoneil
    mikeoneil Member ✭✭
    Retried Sherlock's solution and after creating a new file, I could see the cloud account for the file with the issue, and deleted it. But, after reopening the original file, problem still there. I went back to the Test account and it appears the Cloud Account recreated itself when I opened the original file.

Interestingly, I can see a "SynchLog.dat" file in my directory. There is one for each of my Quicken Files (I use two files for different sets of accounts).

Any ideas on deleting the local SynchLog.dat file for the file where the error is occuring?
This discussion has been closed.