Why are only 2 out of 13 Reminders showing up for my bank account ?

I just upgraded from Quicken Deluxe 2017 to Quicken 2020, Version R26.17, Build 27.1.26.17.
There are only 2 out of 13 reminders showing up for my bank account. If I open the Manage Bills and Income tab I can see all of my reminders. I had no problem with this in Quicken 2017 but once I upgraded to Quicken 2020 it became a problem.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Check to make sure your bank account register settings are correct:  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Reminders to show in register > select the number of days you want to show reminders for.  Does this fix your issue?

(QW Premier Subscription: R36.45 on Windows 10)
  • Larry1p
    Larry1p Member
    Boatnmaniac I checked that setting and it was set for "Don't show reminders" . I changed it to Next 30 days but nothing changed. I then closed and re-opened Quicken …..
    still no luck. I would include a screen shot but I have not figured out how to add it to this post.
  • tbreyman
    tbreyman Member
    I have the exact same problem. Began showing up about a month ago.

It affects ALL of my transaction screens. The Bills and Income tab correctly shows the number of bills due but the actual list under the tab is empty. Going to Manage Bills and Incomes shows the due bills correctly. :/ :| :/

I have reviewed all of the settings in Quicken. Based upon a previous thread (which the moderator has since closed), I tried the following suggestions:

* Perform a File Validation and Repair
    * Combine Bills, Income, and Reminders
    * Double Click the Date Field
    * Change the Reminder Filter for the Transaction Screen

None of these worked. I also attempted to sort the transactions in the Manage Bills and Reminders screen. All this did was change the sort order to latest first ... and I can no longer get it to resort as soonest first :-(.

Based upon the previous thread, this has been a bug that has been in the system for over a year. I hope that someone makes an effort to look into it. Not displaying reminders that are clearly due is a BIG problem.
  • Larry1p
    Larry1p Member
    tbreyman Thanks for looking into this. The ONLY reason I "Upgraded" to Quicken 2020 from Quicken 2017 was they had cut off my ability to Download Transactions. Bills and Income Reminders worked PERFECTLY in 2017, so I am pretty ticked that now I have a problem. The Bills and Income Reminders tab at the bottom of my check register shows that I have 12 reminders but there is never more than 3 that ever show up. The only way I can keep up with what is going on is to click on the Manage Bills and Income at the bottom left of the screen and there they show up properly.
    If Quicken is going to force me to upgrade, they should at least have a program that gives me the same functionality as I had before upgrading. From what I can tell by searching the web, there are a lot of people having the same problem that I am. Thanks again for your efforts.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited June 2020
    @Larry1p - You can't paste screenshots until you've accumulated 50 points from posts, likes, etc.  However, you should be able to attach a picture file that others can view by clicking on it.  At the top of a post you are creating there is the following line.  The icon circled in red allows you to attach a picture file.  After you've accumulated 50 points you will be able to access the icon circled in blue which allows you to paste a screenshot.

@Larry1p , @tbreyman :  I don't like my main data file set up to show reminders in account registers so I played around with it some in a test tile with reminders set up to show looking out 30 days.  In my test file I noticed that the Reminders do show up in the register (highlighted in yellow), not in the Bill & Income Reminders tab (circled in red). I don't know why the reminders aren't showing in the Bill & Income Reminders tab at the bottom but I kind of like it showing in the register, instead, since they will show the impact to the account balance.  You are not seeing your Reminders in your register?
    When clicking on a reminder there is an action button on the right for the normal Enter, Ignore, Edit and Delete actions so that functionality is there, too. 

• Boatnmaniac
    edited June 2020
    In the register example I posted yesterday, there were 3 upcoming Reminders shown at the bottom part of the register with nothing shown in the Bill and Income Reminders tab.
    Today is 6/8 and the 1st of those reminders changed Status from "Upcoming" to "Due" and now shows in the Bill and Income Reminders tab. This is logical because the tab is titled "Bill and Income Reminders (X Due)."
    I also added another Reminder that was due to be paid yesterday and it now also shows as Overdue in the register and also on the Bill and Income Reminders tab.
    I also changed one of the previously entered Reminders with a due date of 7/1 (Condo Loan) to remind me 30 days prior to the due date.  It also now shows up in both the register and the Bill and Income Reminders tab as "Due".

I think its fair to conclude that Reminders will not show up in the Bill and Income Reminders tab until:
    1. They fall within the time frame window set up for the register (see my 1st post in this thread).
    2. They are Overdue or Due based first upon the Reminder's actual due date, or
    3. They are "due" because they are within the "Remind X days in advance" window that was set up in the Reminder.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are having issues with the Bills, Income & Transfers view not showing everything you expect, experiment with the Filter settings. Depending on the setting of the leftmost filter, one or more additional filter options will be shown.

• Boatnmaniac
    @Larry1p , @tbreyman - Did any of the suggestions offered in this thread help you to resolve your issue?
This discussion has been closed.