Home Quicken for Windows All Things Canadian (Windows)

Discrepancy Between "Account List" and "Net Worth Summary" RRSP Account Balance

I've been having a discrepancy in the account balance of my RRSP account when I view it through the Net Worth Summary Report compared to all other locations. For example, the account balance on the RRSP balance in question shows up as $80,236 through the Investing Tab and through the Account List on the left side, which is the correct amount. When I view the "Net Worth Summary Report", the balance is $6,160 higher, or $86,396.

What I've tried to do is create a new RRSP account, remove all securities from the old account with the balance issue, and have them brought into a new RRSP account. What I've got at the end is the old RRSP account showing a balance of $0.00 through the Investing Tab and through the Account List, but still showing up with a balance of $6,160 through the "Net Worth Summary Report".

I've tried to go through the transaction list that is accessed through the "Net Worth Summary Report" which includes all of the daily _UnrlzdGain daily updates for stock balances, but I can't find anything that really sticks out as wrong. Additionally, when I look at ALL transactions for that old RRSP account from the get go (opened in 2010), the totals balance at the end, I don't have a missing $6,160 anywhere.

Any idea how to find this phantom transaction(s) and get them removed??

Answers

• RennebergRenneberg Member ✭✭
    Additional note as I'm messing around. If I set the Net Worth Summary report to a date range prior to when the account opened (such as 2008 to current), the end balance does show up as zero with all securities removed. However, if I use any date post the account open, I get a variety of values remaining in the account on the current day.
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @Renneberg,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The Community may need a bit more information to be able to assist you further. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.