No uncleared transactions to reconcile since subscription expired

I let my subscription expire because I really don't need the connection to my bank. Now I have several recent uncleared transactions in my Q registar and want to reconcile to my statement, but Q says there are no uncleared transactions and won't open the reconcilliation window

How do I mark transactions as reconcilled now?

Comments

• Fedup4Quick
    Fedup4Quick Member
    Sherlock, thanks for the pointer, but I'm not sure how it helps me?

I tried setting a posting date for one of my uncleared transactions using the fist steps (click on tranaction, Ctrl+LC on Copy transaction then fill in the posting date) but that did not make it appear...and frankly, no way am I doing that for every transaction!

I could not follow the second steps (no Account Action) but I did find in the Settings a way to add a Posted Date column to my registar, which is blank for every transaction since my subscription ended and I have ot downladed from the bank, but I have no way to edit that field
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi @Fedup4Quick,

It sounds like you were using Quicken subscription before you let it expire (and not Quicken 2017) right?  In addition I believe that you were previously reconciling your accounts "to an online balance". Is that also true?

If so, when you let your Quicken subscription membership expire - you lost access to the "Online services" and Quicken is stuck in automatic reconcilation mode.  I know this is too little too late, but if you had switched that option of "reconciling to an online balance" to "off" (before your subscription expired) you would be able to manually reconcile your bank accounts now.

All that being said, my suggestion for you is to contact customer services at the link below, and ask them to temporarily activate your subscription, while assisting you, long enough to make the change, then they can re-cancel the subscription afterward. 

Or as another possible option, I believe that if you were to renew your subscription now, you may have 30 days to cancel the renewal (because you allowed it t lapse and therefore would be considered a new customer) but I can't vouch for this not knowing the specific facts of your situation, so make sure you are on solid ground with the cancellation option before yu go this route.

Here's the link:  Support Link:  https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock, thanks for the pointer, but I'm not sure how it helps me?

I tried setting a posting date for one of my uncleared transactions using the fist steps (click on tranaction, Ctrl+LC on Copy transaction then fill in the posting date) but that did not make it appear...and frankly, no way am I doing that for every transaction!

I could not follow the second steps (no Account Action) but I did find in the Settings a way to add a Posted Date column to my registar, which is blank for every transaction since my subscription ended and I have ot downladed from the bank, but I have no way to edit that field
    You should not need to reset the posting date.  The usual user error when reconciling to a statement is specifying the correct closing date.  The transactions with blank posting dates that are not already marked as reconciled should appear if they're transaction date is equal to or earlier than the specified closing date. 
This discussion has been closed.