How to exclude hidden account balance from the total / net worth?

Options
Hi All,

I am confused about total balance calculation in the Web version of Quicken. Mac and iOS exclude balances of hidden accounts from the total. It is very useful for me, I can adjust which account is included into the total. But Web version includes all balances into the total along with hidden account balances. Is this feature or bug? Could that be changed?

Thank you!
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    I see, thank you for clarifying and providing the screenshot.

In that case, you will just need to unhide and deactivate the account from online services. From there you can then re-hide it again (or delete it, whichever your preference is).

Please, follow the steps below to do so.
    1. Go to the Accounts tab and click Hide and Show Accounts...
    2. Uncheck the box for the necessary account(s) under Lists to unhide the account(s) and click Ok.
    3. Once the account shows in your account list on the left, go ahead and select it
    4. Go to Settings on the bottom-right
    5. Click on the Troubleshooting tab and click on Deactivate Downloads
    Then, go back to Settings and check off the box for Hide Account: In List & In Reports

or to delete it, go to the Accounts tab > Delete Account... > Delete.

From there, refer back to my initial instructions and you should then be able to uncheck it if you decided to hide it again or if you deleted it, it should no longer show and you can just click Update.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Dmytro
    Dmytro Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Anja,

Thank you for the help

Unfortunately I cannot disable "sync" in the accounts preferences because checkboxes are disabled on accounts which added from the bank automatically. I can disable sync on manually added accounts only.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thank you for the update.

Are some of the hidden accounts showing that way? If so, let me know and I can provide steps to deactivate the hidden accounts so you can uncheck them.

-Quicken Anja

• Dmytro
    Dmytro Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @Anja,

I have attached screen shot to sure we are on the same page :) Easy saying, all accounts are showing that way (checkbox is disabled) excepting two accounts (Cash and Apple Card), I have added them manually. "Bank of America - BOA SAVINGS" is hidden account which is correctly excluded from the total balance in Mac and iOS versions, and not excluded in the Web version.

Thank you!
  • Quicken Anja
    edited June 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    I see, thank you for clarifying and providing the screenshot.

In that case, you will just need to unhide and deactivate the account from online services. From there you can then re-hide it again (or delete it, whichever your preference is).

Please, follow the steps below to do so.
    1. Go to the Accounts tab and click Hide and Show Accounts...
    2. Uncheck the box for the necessary account(s) under Lists to unhide the account(s) and click Ok.
    3. Once the account shows in your account list on the left, go ahead and select it
    4. Go to Settings on the bottom-right
    5. Click on the Troubleshooting tab and click on Deactivate Downloads
    Then, go back to Settings and check off the box for Hide Account: In List & In Reports

or to delete it, go to the Accounts tab > Delete Account... > Delete.

From there, refer back to my initial instructions and you should then be able to uncheck it if you decided to hide it again or if you deleted it, it should no longer show and you can just click Update.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Dmytro
    Dmytro Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Anja ,

deactivating of downloads and disabling of synchronization is the solution for me, thank you very much for your help!
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Perfect! Glad to hear that worked.

You're welcome. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.