Not downloading after upgrade to v5.16.1

I'm running Quicken Deluxe 2020, v 5.16.1 on macOS 10.13.5. It appears that after my upgrade to this version of Quicken, downloads are simply not happening anymore - across the board for all my different bank accounts (so it's not just a specific bank issue).

When I start a new Quicken file, I can add my bank accounts and the latest txns show up for all account (so it's not a connectivity issue). With this new Quicken file, I'm not sure whether new downloads will work since there've been no txns at any of these banks since I did this (just a couple of hours ago)...at least, I wouldn't think so. Regardless, starting from scratch like this seems to imply I'll lose all but the last several months of txns and all my categories, reports, etc (so, not a great option, unless there's something I don't understand).

Restoring from the last backup before the upgrade didn't help; same behaviors.

In my original Quicken file, shortly after the upgrade I noticed an error message after each attempt to update txns --
------------------------------------------------------------
Account Sync Error
Warning
We had a problem syncing this account:
HSA
Please try again. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.
General Error
------------------------------------------------------------
I'm removed the accounts associated with my HSA account, but the same error message appears regardless. And, when I restore from the pre-upgrade backup, this error message appears.

So I'd love to hear this is a known problem with a simple fix. Or, is there a simple way to revert to the previous version of Quicken...etc workarounds. Or perhaps there's a way to just start from scratch and somehow get all my txn history and categories restored...I realize I can export and import, and set up new links to my bank accounts, which get the last 3 months of txns including most recent ones; but to get the historical txns to these new linked accts, all I know to do is select the ones I want and copy them over. Is there a better way? Regardless, after doing all of that, I'll still have no insight that I've actually fixed the problem -- downloads may still not be working.

Any help appreciated, thank you.

Best,
Gary

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Hi, Gary.

I really suspect this issue is coincidental to the upgrade as all versions use the same download back-end/nothing was changed in regards to downloading in the last release. You also are seeing it in the old version as well.

Sync errors like this can be troublesome as it can mess with all your Cloud Based accounts. You really would be best reaching out to Quicken for support as they have more tools than fellow users to assist. Trying "this" or "that" can sometimes cause more damage.

I agree: I would want to get my original file working so that I don't lose history. A new file makes will only give you some brief history as you noted. Good luck.
  • Thanks John. You may be right, but that's one heck of a coincidence. So when you say to contact Quicken Support, do you mean the 650.250.1900 phone number? I'm sure the wait time won't be painful at all :-)

Are there any other mechanisms to communicate with them?

Thanks again,
    Gary
  • alaw168
    alaw168 Member ✭✭
    I have the exact same problem since late May after upgrade to version 516.

I also tried removing the accounts, as well as restoring the pre-upgrade versions, to no avail. The fact that it complains about connection error for an account that no longer exists (after I deleted the account) and that restoring an old data file did not resolve the problem suggests data corruption somewhere outside of the immediate data file. And the fact that I can connect to the same FI's from a new data file suggest it is not a connectivity issue.

I have accumulated years of investment data so starting from scratch is not an option I like to consider.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2020
    So when you say to contact Quicken Support, do you mean the 650.250.1900 phone number? 

Are there any other mechanisms to communicate with them?
    That is the number, and I suggest it over trying to use Chat for this type of issue.

The only thing I suggest trying once is, after having restored your file to the one you wish to move forward with, immediately (and before you try updating accounts), go to Preferences:Connected Services and follow the options to Reset your cloud data. This will purge your data and upload a fresh copy from your desktop file. wait a few minutes, and try the connection again. 

• alaw168
    alaw168 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    > @John_in_NC said:
    > (Quote)
    > That is the number, and I suggest it over trying to use Chat for this type of issue.
    >
    > The only things I suggest trying once is, after having restored your file to the one you wish to move forward with, immediately (and before you try updating accounts), go to Preferences:Connected Services and follow the options to Reset your cloud data. This will purge your data and upload a fresh copy from your desktop file. wait a few minutes, and try the connection again. 

That appears to do the trick! I was able to reset all but one of the problematic accounts. But more importantly, the "General Error" message is gone.
  • Most excellent, this worked for me also. Nice job, John -- thank you.
This discussion has been closed.