Setup All Accounts at Once to Download

mybank2002
mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭✭
I have a few dozen accounts with a few different accounts and it is making me set them all up at once even though it shows all of them. I am having this with four different banks.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked at Quicken Help for "One Step Update"?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mybank2002
    mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have nothing comes up on the Mac when typing that in. I have also searched this forum but not finding the same issue for people on Mac.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7864866/having-trouble-with-one-step-update-updated-title
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mybank2002

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

In Mac, selecting the update arrow shown below will update all of the accounts that are enabled for automatic download.

I'm not fully understanding the issue that you are describing, I apologize.

Are you experiencing trouble updating or adding accounts that are new into Quicken?

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mybank2002
    mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I have pressed that and done Comift (Command+Shift (⌘⇧)) + u to update all accounts. There are transactions that have cleaned 5 days ago but that are not linking and downloading. I have removed the link to the account and relinked multiple times to CapitalOne360 and I can't import the Quicken file downloaded from the website.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mybank2002,

Thank you for providing additional information, and I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response yet.

Have you tried adding the accounts in a test file yet to see if all works fine in a brand new file? 
    • File > New... > Start from scratch > Follow the prompts until you receive the Add Checking Account screen
    Also, did this issue start occurring when you initially posted this or before?

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mybank2002
    mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have not tried a brand new account with Quicken but started from a Quicken import from Windows. I did them one by one and they are all syncing and showing the proper balance online but only about half of them actually download transactions from CapitalOne 360. When I go to reconcile they show the online balance and always have to adjust. In the Account Status window they show Status green light but show "Never" under Last Update. 

I disabled the account and manually checked only the one account and that didn't download the latest transaction. Not sure what the issue is but it won't let me use the downloaded. Quicken file either when I try to do it manually from a web browser and import into Quicken. That feature is disabled for my bank in Quicken. 
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mybank2002

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

If you haven't done so already, I would start by deactivating the Capital One accounts that are no longer working.

To learn more about deactivating an account please see the information available here.

I would then go about reactivating them, this time choosing Capital One Card-Current as shown below.

Once signed in be sure to LINK the accounts to the existing Quicken accounts and not ADD as this will create duplicate accounts.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mybank2002
    mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭✭

It showed me all my accounts when I logged in through that but then it gave me this error. 
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mybank2002

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the result of the steps.

I would deactivate all of the Capital One 360 accounts and then reactivate them using Capital One 360.

To deactivate an account:
    1. Select the account to be deactivated on the left-hand side
    2. Click on Settings in the bottom right
    3. Select Troubleshooting and Deactivate Downloads
    Please be sure to deactivate all of the Capital One 360 accounts.

To reactivate all of the accounts:
    1. Click on the plus sign next to the word accounts in blue, and choose Credit Card.
    2.  Search for Capital 360 in the bank list
    3.  Sign and LINK all of the accounts to the existing accounts in Quicken. 
    This method will act as though the accounts are being added as new instead of reactivating and I want to see if this corrects the issue.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mybank2002
    mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭✭
    So I created a new Quicken file and it didn't download transactions to those accounts but instead just put a starting balance. Several other accounts at Capital One 360 actually downloaded transactions. 

The good news and crazy thing is all of a sudden all of the other accounts that didn't download started downloading in the original Quicken file. I am not sure if that woke something up or what happened. Very strange behavior but I am super glad it is working now! Thank you for all your help!
This discussion has been closed.