Validation & Repair Issue Found But Don't Know How to Fix/Resolve

I ran a Validation & Repair and the following issue was found but I don't see an issue/don't know how to fix:

Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Fidelity Investments", security "WisdomTree SmallCap Dividend ETF", on 11/10/2017 that might be missing.
Repair price history: 0 price(s) repaired.

Any suggestions on how I can fix to resolve this issue? Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

Best Answer

Answers

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    Is the 3:1 stock split missing?

Examine the security's transaction history: press Ctrl + Y, right-click on the security and select Edit

If the stock split transaction has been entered incorrectly, I suggest you correct the transaction: open the account, right-click the transaction and select Edit

If the split transaction transaction has not been entered, I suggest you use the Stock Split wizard: open the holding account, select Enter Transactions and Stock Split in the Enter transaction: pull-down menu

No I do not have a transaction on 11/10/2017 for the stock split.

So it looks like Quicken went back prior to 11/10/2017 and restated all my transactions (original purchase & dividend reinvestments) because my share balance was accurate after that date.

So I guess I need to add the stock split as a transaction and adjust all prior transactions with the original share balance.

Thanks!!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jfclague said:

So it looks like Quicken went back prior to 11/10/2017 and restated all my transactions (original purchase & dividend reinvestments) because my share balance was accurate after that date.

So I guess I need to add the stock split as a transaction and adjust all prior transactions with the original share balance.

Thanks!!
    What transactions do you have in your investment register on or about 11/10/17?
    Are there any "Add shares" transactions that make up for the missing stock split, perhaps downloaded from the brokerage?
    Delete the Add shares transaction and add a Stock Split for 11/10/17, 3:1
    In that case you won't need to adjust any prior transactions. Quicken will do that for you under the covers.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    jfclague said:

Thanks!!
    What transactions do you have in your investment register on or about 11/10/17?
    Are there any "Add shares" transactions that make up for the missing stock split, perhaps downloaded from the brokerage?
    Delete the Add shares transaction and add a Stock Split for 11/10/17, 3:1
    In that case you won't need to adjust any prior transactions. Quicken will do that for you under the covers.

There was no transaction on that date, it looks like Quicken went back and restated all the previous transactions (I didn't do it myself so it must of been done by Quicken). So strange.

I added the split and adjust the previous shares (by a third) and all good.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you gone out to Wisdomtree.com to see if THEY show the stock split?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    Have you gone out to Wisdomtree.com to see if THEY show the stock split?
    No, I didn't look there.

I look at my original Fidelity statement for that period and it shows the stock split there. I compared my original purchase statement and it was 1/3 the shares that now show in Quicken (as well as each month's dividend reinvestment).
This discussion has been closed.