Delete Shares from an Div Transaction

Several transactions downloaded as ReinvestDividend and they have shares associated with them. Instead, I changed them all to Income Dividend transactions so that my sweep account is registered as cash, instead. However, when I look at the transactions in Security Detail view, it still shows shares associated with those transactions. How do I change those Div transactions show that they don't show any shares? The shares field doesn't show in the register.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Open the account, right-click on the Div transaction, select Edit, press Alt + V, clear the number shares, press Alt + I, and select Enter/Done.
  • Jeff Schwarz
    Jeff Schwarz Member ✭✭
    Tried that. It has no effect. Shares are still there.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Div transaction can not cause shares to be added; it is purely a cash transaction. If you are seeing shares added, you ran into a bug and/or you have data corruption.
    I suggest deleting the problem transactions entirely and re-entering them manually.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jeff Schwarz
    Jeff Schwarz Member ✭✭
    That's what I ended up having to do. There were only 2 years worth of them. But still, not happy about that.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to reproduce this, but could not. I entered a ReinvDiv with some shares, then changed it to a Div. The shares vanished, as expected.
    From what you said above, I guess this security is your swept cash. Perhaps you can ask your brokerage to report this as cash instead of a security.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I tried to reproduce this, but could not. I entered a ReinvDiv with some shares, then changed it to a Div. The shares vanished, as expected.
    From what you said above, I guess this security is your swept cash. Perhaps you can ask your brokerage to report this as cash instead of a security.
    I had no difficulty reproducing the issue.  When I simply replace the ReinvDiv action with Div, or edit the transaction using the Inc - Income (Div, Int, etc.) wizard without clearing the number of shares, the number of shares displayed for the transaction in the Transaction history region of the Security Detail View window for the security persists.  

I do not understand why clearing the number of shares in the transaction did not work for @Jeff Schwarz.  
This discussion has been closed.